AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying my next HDTV from a local Sears store. Can anyone relate personal experiences good or bad about Sears in-home service plans? Thanks, Allen A

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I wrote a long piece on how pathetic SEARS was in regards to my brand new Panasonic HDTV, which they ruined and had to replace. They sent me a tech who did gray scale and red push "by eye" and never went into the service menu, because "it's not needed." Yeah, sure.

If you have a service need, you need to be very careful or risk serious damage to your TV. I would go to the ***************.com and scroll down to the ISF threads and ask what equipment needs to be used by a tech for proper repairs. THEN, call Sears and tell them they MUST send a tech with this equipment and that if one showed up without, you'll send them away and be calling them back to *****. Be nice, but firm.

My replacement Panny is performing fine and I will not ever let anyone from Sears touch it and they know it. I required them to add a clause to my warranty that work must be done by a Panasonic tech and that that tech must have the proper equipment.

Sears just LOVES me. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net

[This message has been edited by Matt_Stevens (edited 09-05-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.