AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In years past someone has done lists of when series were premiering.

Any plans for this year, or is there another source?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Best/easiest source is to use Replay Zones Season/Series premiere channels - the only Zones channels I ever found useful even for finding stuff to record on non-RTV PVRs.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose
http://epguides.com/grid/fall.shtml

(link courtesy of Serra)

The only bad thing about the epguides thing is that new shows have no discriptions... so you have to know what the new shows are. That is a bummer, but that is the best list of shows, times and start dates that I can find.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tripleheaders... heck... I'm having trouble finding any two conflicts with the sorry lineup this season. :) :)

Now that I've got HDTV recording capability, I might have some HDTV conflicts (Smallville and Joey at the moment... Smallville will win), but my two replays won't have any problems catching all the SDTV offerings this season.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I guess we have different definitions on no conflicts....because I see one one problem spot for me already....

Sunday 8pm
  1. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
  2. Cold Case
  3. The Simpsons
  4. The West Wing
  5. Charmed
  6. Zoey 101

I have 5 boxes that are on cable....though there is HD DVR, but I still don't trust it enough to only record using it.

And, that's bad...considering I originally only had 4 boxes on cable....replacing what I used to have 4 VCRs doing.

I keep meaning to sit down and draw up my recording grid...though the problem is figuring out how a merged UPN/WB lineup will look like.

Another thing that affects grid planning is figuring out if padding is necessary. SciFi likes to be off by a minute during certain times of the year. So does Lifetime.

Though perhaps this year, I won't record any of the 'new' shows just to see if I'll become attached to them.....that way maybe I can hold off on the intervention to get me into a 12 step program for watching too much TV :D

Though I was saying that any interruption (like finding a job) to my viewing could be addressed by finally working on the other side of my Poopli points ratio....

The Dreamer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.