AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to sit too close to your subwoofer? How close is too close? Or does it not matter? I'm thinking of placing it about 1 foot behind our seats(between seats and rear wall). If it matters, it would sit on top of our riser. Thanks.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Like this close? :)

Seriously, the only thing that concerns me is placing the sub on the riser. It seems like the bass will resonate cause a slow and sloppy sound. Though I'm no expert or anything, that's just speculation.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
To me, the closer the better. Just calibrate properly. It's your speaker symmetry that is more important.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac /forum/post/0

To me, the closer the better. Just calibrate properly. It's your speaker symmetry that is more important.

Do you use a saddle with your plus 2 or ride her bare back?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! /forum/post/0

Do you use a saddle with your plus 2 or ride her bare back?

I can't tell you what kind of attachments I have. Let's just say my wife doesn't mind having that big, ugly box in the living room.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, I've seen plenty of subs placed directly behind the couch/sofa. If you get any unpleasant resonations or excessive vibrations from the riser, you could always try placing an auralex subdude under it. From what I've read, they work well.

TG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.