AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have some good plans or suggestions for building a seating riser. I have six simple leather recliners and the backs are fairly high. I would like to get the back row up about 18" at least. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I built ones that are about 8 inches high to raise very low sectionals.... but 18 inches isn't any different. Used 2X3 framing (2X4 will also work) and chip board / strand board which is cheap to cover the frame structure on top and sides. Then, stapled some leftover carpetting that was a match to the existing carpetting in the room to cover to top and sides. It just sits on top of the existing carpetting in the room. They can be moved a bit to allow for some changes / flexibility that sectionals offer. Simple but looks fine. Of course, yours being 18 inches would need a "frame adjustment" of a step or two but not that hard to adjust the "box" structure for.

Depending on how much "food traffic" you are expecting, you can easier replace the "carpet part" with "click" lament flooring to handle those "bad theater patrons" who have problems with their munchies and drinks. Hope it helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.