AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to design a home theater for our new house, and this will be my first time looking at more than just a/v components...

We found a store (Big Screen Store) with Palliser in stock, and we really liked the look and feel of the media line. It isn't too firm, but has nice lumbar support.

I'm curious if anyone knows of a similar line from other brands, or if anyone could recommend other home theater stores in the DC metro area?

I've not heard super good things on here about Palliser, and I feel like if that's the case I probably don't want to shell out $1200 per chair.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
1,741 Posts
I'm looking to design a home theater for our new house, and this will be my first time looking at more than just a/v components...

We found a store (Big Screen Store) with Palliser in stock, and we really liked the look and feel of the media line. It isn't too firm, but has nice lumbar support.

I'm curious if anyone knows of a similar line from other brands, or if anyone could recommend other home theater stores in the DC metro area?

I've not heard super good things on here about Palliser, and I feel like if that's the case I probably don't want to shell out $1200 per chair.

Thanks!
Palliser has good seating in our experience but at a high price point, we mostly recommend palliser for custom orders that want a special config and a color other than black or brown. If you check this whole thread out you'll find there are other seats in stock in lower price range without sacrificing quality and if your looking at black or brown leather there are lots of options out there. If you want some color other than black or brown then I would stay with palliser. If you want something in stock in black or brown you likely pay a lot less than 1200 for good products.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like these babies.
Hmm... well, they have a store here in Tysons, I'll go take a look. I had not heard of them before... That said they look fairly expensive for being bonded leather, is there a good reason for that?

Palliser has good seating in our experience but at a high price point, we mostly recommend palliser for custom orders that want a special config and a color other than black or brown. If you check this whole thread out you'll find there are other seats in stock in lower price range without sacrificing quality and if your looking at black or brown leather there are lots of options out there. If you want some color other than black or brown then I would stay with palliser. If you want something in stock in black or brown you likely pay a lot less than 1200 for good products.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Black leather would be fine, I'm just looking to narrow down my choices, given I already found a chair we both found comfortable. I'm not sure where the Palliser media falls in terms of cushion (soft / medium / firm) but we liked it. Is there a chair with similar feel to that you would recommend we look at?

·
Vendor
1,741 Posts
I would look on our site (see below) at southampton and devonshire seats. They sit very similar we have media here also in our showroom. We don't have any local stores that carry back there for you to sit in southamptons or devonshires, we have in chicago if you travel through o'hare sometimes. .

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm fairly close to you and went to the Big Screen Store/Sofa Store near BWI and they had pretty much every Palliser home theater seat. If the one you went to isnt part of a Sofa Store you should try to go to one. I went to the normal Big Screen Store in Annapolis and the selection wasn't even close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts