AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered how many of you bought those fancy custom reclining theatre style chairs or do most of you get regular kinds at regular stores? I see pics of what look like rooms with the custom chairs. Also, where do you get the folding real type theatre seats and are these expensive compared to regular chairs? Os

·
Registered
396 Posts
Authentic theater seats will run you $250 - $500 per chair (new) and $25 - $250 per chair (refurbished).

Adam

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone just use a bunch of matching regular type easy chairs? Thrift shops don't have many matching chairs or I'd use those. Also I have to take anything home myself IN MY '89 HONDA HATCHBACK. I can't take more than one big chair. Os

·
Registered
396 Posts
Try fitting 10 theater seats in a Mazda Miata! :D

Adam

BTW, it can't be done. At least not without making major modifications to the Miata.

·
Registered
631 Posts
How cushy do they need to be? We use these from Ikea that aren't too expensive. They're quite comfortable (the frame flexes), especially with the foot rests.

We got four of them home in the trunk of our Camry, since they come disassembled.

--Mike

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help. Llamas those Ikea chairs have a nice look. I'll check stores for such chairs. I like padded arms but maybe I can add homemade cushion bars if the chairs lack them. Once a thrift shop had 12 matching proper enough chairs but I could'nt get them but I ended up with a couple of that type plus a similar one WITH ART DECO RAILING for the legs and arms. I never saw another. I do have a sweet big thrifted office heavy stuffed leather chair but I wish it was a recliner. I may just order some matching easy chairs at a furniture store. They'd deliver. Os

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello. also in the market for seating, does anyone know of any Berkline dealers in Canada? Toronto area perferably, also if anyone can recomend any other brand names that would be great, thanks in advance

ullose

·
Registered
11 Posts
"Try fitting 10 theater seats in a Mazda Miata!"

Definitely sounds like a new "Monster Garage" project ...

"Tonight on Monster Garage, join Jesse James and his crew as they build a 12 screen multiplex into a Mini Cooper... "

Hmmm...

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
Personally I like to be comfortable but the look of the room is also important. I had couches for the first couple of years after I set up my present room simply because I'd shot my wad and could not then afford the Acoustic Innovations seats I have now. The couches were too comfortable in that they didn't provide the needed support to sit in one place for two plus hours. I think some theater seats can be very comfortable as well and can look great ( more like a miniature commercial theater) like Mike Ebby's HT which I think looks really cool.
http://www.advancedcomputerdesigns.c...se_theater.htm

Art

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Llamas
How cushy do they need to be? We use these from Ikea that aren't too expensive. They're quite comfortable (the frame flexes), especially with the foot rests.

We got four of them home in the trunk of our Camry, since they come disassembled.

--Mike
I've had the leather version of those IKEA chairs for a couple of years. I think they were about $130 each. I still haven't found anything that I like better!

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/da...ck_row-med.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.