AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hooked up my outdoor antenna to my new Samsung HDTV and tuner. I am able to get a great picture on KIRO(39-1) and KCPQ(18-1,18-2) but none of the other local HD channels. My question is ,why can I get KIRO and not KING and KOMO since the three towers are next to each other on Queen Anne. Thanks, RB

·
Registered
771 Posts
Could there possilby be an amplifier in there somewhere? If so, you may want to try turning it off. I have a little set-top powered antenna, and when I took it to a friends' house to check out his HD reception, he only got one channel with the power on on the antenna, but got all of them when we turned the power off (for me I need the power on at full power).

·
Registered
431 Posts
Can you get channel 9? If I remember right 7 is the western most tower on Queen Ann hill. Channel 9 is on Capitol Hill. If you are down to the west the hill by Shoreline cc may be blocking 4 5 and 9

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I can't get Ch 9. Today I was getting a signal meter reading of 77 on KCPQ(13-1) during the Seahawk game but it started to break up and I am now down to Kiro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.