AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have lost these 2 stations recently.

I'm in Shoreline, have been getting good reception via 25-1 (KTWB) and 25-2 (KCPQ). 18-1 and 18-2 were spotty (wrong antenna orientation)

Now neither is working for me. 8 other digital signals are fine.

Have there been any recent changes in antennas or power - or am I just fighting the seasonal changes?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I was watching some of KCPQ 2 days ago when cable went out for awhile; signal was nice and strong.

·
Registered
289 Posts
My 13 channels are quicker to lock than 22 channels. I am using the DTC100 and UM1000a. This AM I have no 22 channels except analog. 13 channels are present.

Odd though, I have a signal quality of 88 for 22 but no video or audio.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've lost them recently too, but WB was always iffy. FOX I could usually get, UPN maybe half the time. For at least two weeks, I haven't been able to get anything at all on 22-1 (WB), 22-2 (FOX), or 11-1 (UPN).

My 4-1 (ABC) has been extremely poor during this time too, rarely coming in. It is leading me to believe the problem might be weather based if that is possible?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've seen both Q and WB digital every night. No problems here. Art

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I too have a DTC-100. I can normally receive both KCPQ-DT and KTWB-DT from both transmitters, Capitol Hill (real channel 25) and Gold Mountain (real channel 18). KCPQ always works fine from both sources. KTWB is fine on channel 18 but takes a long time to "sync up" on channel 25, even though KCPQ on channel 25 syncs up immediately.

For me, this slow sync has been there since day one when channel 25 went on the air. Sometimes I get a quick flash of video and audio and then nothing for several minutes, and sometimes it never comes back. Again, KCPQ on channel 25 tunes in fine when this is happening.

So, something is different in the signal for KTWB on channel 25 that makes my reception sporadic. I know this is not an antenna or OTA reception problem. I watch KTWB fine on channel 18 so I know the problem is unique to their transmitting on channel 25.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by artshotwell
I've seen both Q and WB digital every night. No problems here. Art
Art, are you still watching them on channel 18 from Gold Mountain, or are you also now receiving channel 25?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Budget_HT

For me, this slow sync has been there since day one when channel 25 went on the air.

Again, KCPQ on channel 25 tunes in fine when this is happening.

So, something is different in the signal for KTWB on channel 25 that makes my reception sporadic. I know this is not an antenna or OTA reception problem. I watch KTWB fine on channel 18 so I know the problem is unique to their transmitting on channel 25.
I'll guess that my channel 22 is your channel 25 (I have the DT stations synched to the real number stations...for some reason it put FOX out on 22 with WB instead of on 13, analog FOX).

My experience is the same as yours though...22-2 (FOX) would be fine, but 22-1 (WB) would not work at all. I don't get either station at all now and haven't for several weeks, but when I did get FOX, I'd rarely get WB.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If anyone from KCPQ/KTWB is here, thanks.

Something changed in the last couple of days that has helped. Even in the rain I can pick up a signal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm still getting nothing as of last night.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I am getting both KCPQ and KTWB from both transmitters tonight: real channel 18 (channels 13.1 and 13.2) and real channel 25 (channels 22.1 and 22.2).

On channel 25, there is still a sync up delay on 22.1 for KTWB. KTWB comes up immediately on 13.2. This is no change from what I reported here earlier.

KCPQ syncs up immediately on both 18/13.1 and 25/22.2.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am confused by the different channels reported by folks in this region. Are the HD stations on both VHS and UHF? I ask the question because all of the HD stations I receive are on channels 25 and above?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm a noob to this, but as I understand it, the real channels that broadcast HD are mostly 25 and up as you have them.

Most tvs will synch those channels to their analog counterpart if you want though. So ABC-Digital may be on 45-1 (or whatever) really, but your TV will map it to 4-1 so it is near analog 4 (ABC Analog).

Some people like it, some don't. I like it because when I'm watching a digital show and it starts breaking up, I can quickly drop it down to the analog channel. This happens to me a lot. The drawback is that it takes longer to flip through the channels because you have to go through two sets of each broadcast.

And for some reason FOX-Digital does not map to FOX-13-Analog, it maps to 22-2. WB Analog is on 22 and WB Digital is on 22-1.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.