AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere that KWPX was listed as transmitting digital in the Seattle area. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see it listed but I'm not picking it up. Are they at low power? Where is their tower?

I've got a really wide pickup angle with the Channel Master 3221, but if it's being broadcast from a different direction I might have to get a rotor to pick it up.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I get a strong signal with a very wide angle atenna. However the tower is in Bellevue, so it's somewhat near where I live. I use two RS double bow tie indor antennas, and I can pick up all 10 digital stations without touching either antenna. (I stack them sideways 5" appart and 1" distance between them front to back. I found this to be optimal in reducing my indoor multipath problems.) I get no dropouts whatsoever on any channel. BTW, TitanTV is missing the UPN (channel 36) station from their listing, so it only reports 9 stations instead of 10.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wondered if it might be in Bellevue. I've thought about putting up a second antenna and combining them. If I put up another 3221 towards Bellevue, what are some of the things I should watch out for to prevent multipath problems?

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the last couple of days... I haven't been able to get anything on KIRO HD (durring primetime)? Most of the time there is some signal but no picture? Is it just me with this problem?

thanks

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tluxon
I wondered if it might be in Bellevue. I've thought about putting up a second antenna and combining them. If I put up another 3221 towards Bellevue, what are some of the things I should watch out for to prevent multipath problems?
There is no easy way to combine antennas that point to different directions. (Both of mine point the same way - towards Seattle) You will probably get no signal at all if you try that. The only way to do it, would be to use notch filters. However if you put a notch filter for UHF channel 32 you would loose KONG-DT (channel 31), as notch filters span at least 3 channels. It might be easier for you to just buy the rotor and rotate your existing antenna when you want to watch PAX TV.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
leszek1,

The reason the idea of two antennas came to mind is because when I was getting set up for HDTV earlier in the year, I got some really good advice from Dan Kurts on the Home Theatre Spot. He's a local installer who first recommended the Channel Master 4221 for my application. In one of his replies to me, he said,

"...The very few times a rotor might be needed, I've used two antennas and a remote switch, and ended up equal or less than the similar cost with one. Rotors are way more trouble than they're worth and should be worked around, if possible. ..."

That is one of the reasons I've been reluctant to get a rotor. I had forgotten about the need for a remote switch. Any recommendations on where to get one?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You can always run two wires into your house and then use a manual indor A/B switch from RS. I don't have any recommendations for a remote switch, sorry,

Leszek

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I bought a remote A/B RF switch from RS about a year ago on a closeout. They were supposed to replace it with a newer/better one. I have not looked recently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.