AVS Forum banner
10121 - 10140 of 16196 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I was rechecking to make sure I had set up extra time for recording the USF-Auburn game on ESPN2HD Saturday, and realized it was set to record on 32 instead of 174. Then I noticed that in the new guide both 32 and 174 are named "ESPN2". Although the MSFT guide had no such duplications for any of the HD channels, other Comcast iGuide localities have reported the following bug:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_..._an_HD_channel

I'm pretty sure I didn't set up the initial recording on 32 instead of 174, so I'm going to continue to check to see if it migrates from the HD to the SD channel, and if it does then I'll report it as something that needs to be changed in the channel designators.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle /forum/post/11548684

I'm pretty sure I didn't set up the initial recording on 32 instead of 174, so I'm going to continue to check to see if it migrates from the HD to the SD channel, and if it does then I'll report it as something that needs to be changed in the channel designators.

I've had this happen on 104. I set it to record a show on channel 104, and it recorded the SD channel 4 version instead. At first I thought someone forgot to flip a switch or something on 104, but then I noticed it was recorded from channel 4 in the info. The info for the show also says it's in HD for both 4 and 104, and for some reason it always defaults to record channel 4 instead of 104 even though it was set to record from 104. The only way I can get it to record properly is to wait for the show to come on then hit the record button when on channel 104.

Also I noticed ESPN2-HD does not show up in my HD menu list of HD channels. Only ESPN-HD is listed there along with all the other HD channels, but ESPN2-HD is missing. Anyone else notice this or have this problem?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm on Limited Basic.

The digital tuner of my QAM-capable TV (Vizio 37L) no longer detects any digitally re-mapped variants of analog TV channels. Also gone are all of the local FM stations and the local variant of The Weather Channel. IIRC this occured after I briefly lost service early Wednesday afternoon.

I suspect Comcast is tightening up what can be detected on Limited Basic.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHD /forum/post/11553813

I've had this happen on 104. I set it to record a show on channel 104, and it recorded the SD channel 4 version instead. At first I thought someone forgot to flip a switch or something on 104, but then I noticed it was recorded from channel 4 in the info. The info for the show also says it's in HD for both 4 and 104, and for some reason it always defaults to record channel 4 instead of 104 even though it was set to record from 104. The only way I can get it to record properly is to wait for the show to come on then hit the record button when on channel 104.

Also I noticed ESPN2-HD does not show up in my HD menu list of HD channels. Only ESPN-HD is listed there along with all the other HD channels, but ESPN2-HD is missing. Anyone else notice this or have this problem?

I've had this problem too. I think I'm about done with this DVR. I think when I have time to drop it off, I'll exchange it for a regular digital box. I can record most of what I want with MythTV and QAM tuners anyway. The rest I'll try and catch on demand...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok where did Comcast hide KCPQ-HD (Fox 13 in HD) now? I just rescanned on my Fusion5HDTV QAM tuner and can't find it in Seattle? I do see all the other free digital/QAM channels.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in Lake City with Comcast Digital Plus (with moto DVR box) and have been getting absolutely horribly quality on Mojo and TNT HD (the only channels I watch other than the locals). It's been happening ever since they updated the on-screen guide (which sucks now, imo).

I don't know much about video, I just wanted to know if anybody else has been experiencing this? If not I want to call Comcast and have them fix it, but if so, I can just sit tight until it's fixed.

I often get an error that says the channel will be available shortly (screen all black, no sound) that can last an hour or longer. Sometimes 20 seconds, other times 20 minutes, I haven't noticed any rhyme or reason.

Other times, when it's actually working, the framerate is awful and there are a lot of image problems. Right now Once Upon A Time In Mexico is on and it's running at like ten frames a second, with the image messing up really bad on anything that fades (smoke, scene transitions, etc).

So... my question... common issue, or just me?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koggit /forum/post/11563781

I'm in Lake City with Comcast Digital Plus (with moto DVR box) and have been getting absolutely horribly quality on Mojo and TNT HD (the only channels I watch other than the locals).

So... my question... common issue, or just me?

I'd have a truck roll assuming no one else in YOUR area responds. I too watch TNT HD (just recorded and replayed Titanic from TNT HD in HD BTW)

and there was nary a problem. Don't watch Mojo but for me TNT HD is stable on my Moto box(es).

·
Registered
63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain999 /forum/post/11563035

Ok where did Comcast hide KCPQ-HD (Fox 13 in HD) now? I just rescanned on my Fusion5HDTV QAM tuner and can't find it in Seattle? I do see all the other free digital/QAM channels.

13-1 appears to not be working for me anymore either, but you can still find it at 111-1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Comcast decides to remap KCPQ again!!?? The day before the first regular season Seahawks game? That's just fanTAStic Comcast. Luckily I tuned in this morning, saw the problem and was able to re-scan (I use MythTV) and pick up the changes. (It isn't always that easy.) If I hadn't, I would have missed the game (I was planning to record it). Comcast is awesome.

·
Registered
667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by synch22 /forum/post/11493959

uggh

WHy is Fox SPorts picture so horrible here. I dont understand when ESPN shows Fox highlights they look just fine but when we watch them on the channel its awful. Is it the same on dish?? I am questioning why i have the sports package with the pictures that I am seeing.

It seems like they have been horrible for years now. Fuzzy and video compression artifacts all over the place.

I was watching the Husky game yesterday. I know it is SD, but still it looked ridiculously bad compared to HD on ESPN. My LCD does a fairly good job upconverting SD to HD, but still FSN has to be the worst.

As comparison, right now I am watching Fox NFL and it looks stunning.

As a sidenote, they did have a couple of FSN football games in HD yesterday. Both later games were in HD on 664 (?) but the early Husky game wasn't.

All this being said, the SD FSN equipment in the Seattle area sucks. Just try watching Husky SD basketball on FSN.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm watching Seahawks on FOX HD, as well. Is anyone else noticing that it looks like it's dropping a frame every second or so? It's most noticeable during ground-level shots that turn or move horizontally. It almost looks like the video is 'pulsing'. There doesn't appear to be any accompanying audio problems.

This is a new issue that just cropped up over the past few days using a multi-stream card in a TiVoHD.

·
Registered
180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle_steve /forum/post/11570771

Comcast decides to remap KCPQ again!!?? The day before the first regular season Seahawks game? That's just fanTAStic Comcast. Luckily I tuned in this morning, saw the problem and was able to re-scan (I use MythTV) and pick up the changes. (It isn't always that easy.) If I hadn't, I would have missed the game (I was planning to record it). Comcast is awesome.

What tuners are you guys using around here? I picked up an HVR-1600 but only seem to pick up miscellaneous local, weather, govt, etc. QAM channels. My SXRD can tune HD ABC, NBC, FOX, etc. QAM channels - I really want to be able to record these unencrypted HD channels!

Are there any known QAM tuners that work better with Comcast in this area?

Is there a current list of QAM channel mapping in the Seattle area for Comcast?

I'm riding the line between Kirkland and Bothell, right off 405 BTW.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been reading this post for a while and I was wondering if anyone has compained to Comcast on the new guide. While the MS guide was not perfect, I really think this new guide is a major step backwards. I have had issues like the guide freezing, deleted recordings and schedules, continues to record reruns when it not suppose to, can't block out channels that I don't subscribe to and many others. Except for people in this forum, I don't know anyone who thinks this was a step forward.

I understand that Comcast would like to only have to support one guide but I can't wait for it to change to something else. Maybe my only other option is to return my box and buy the new TIVO HD and live without OnDemand.

Who can I call or email at Comcast to offically complain?

·
Registered
915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo /forum/post/11574701

I have been reading this post for a while and I was wondering if anyone has compained to Comcast on the new guide. While the MS guide was not perfect, I really think this new guide is a major step backwards.

I think it partially depends on how you use the DVR, whether you rely on series recording, etc. In some respects, I actually like it better than the MS version.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
None of the channels have moved for me, but I'll be on the lookout, with football and the new fall show season starting. I'm in the South Everett Area...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with the "step back" comment. The new guide freezes all the time, recordings vanish for no reason and I haven't figured out how to turn off the box while it's recording. The MS software wasn't perfect but it did work. And when it did lock up seconds NOT minutes.

It's so frustrating when it locks up I'm thinking about going to the dish.... I have always had Comcast but this is an unacceptable product!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Reading thru the forums I see Comcast has added NFL-HD for the start of this season in certain regions, and other areas will add it soon. Portland/Clark County, Wa is supposed to get it soon and about 5 other HD's, but I've heard nothing for Seattle. Anybody know if they are just gonna run Replay on 665 again this year or will we get the full channel too?

10121 - 10140 of 16196 Posts