AVS Forum banner

10581 - 10600 of 10609 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry in advance if this has already been asked... didn't see any recent reports:

Anyone in West Seattle lose KING 5.1 completely over the last week?

I have Hauppauge dual tuners set up on two different computers hooked to a large antennae in the attic. Been working fine for years. Did several re-scans over the last few days (using PC with NextPVR) and KING is completely GONE. I still have good signal from KONG if that matters.

First we lost our bridge, now we are dropping channels...oh no...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just double checked and King looks fine for me, by the water tower between the Junctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Sherman.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do when a channel disappears? As far as I can tell there is no way to manually add a channel in Nextpvr (I'm using a Kodi setup)

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
KUSE-LD (RF 12) filed a license to cover on Friday 7/17. Did a manual channel scan on Friday just because and I thought I had a hint of a signal on 12 where there was none before. Wouldn't lock up here in West Seattle (on the backside) and I haven't looked again today. Has anybody else actually seen them on the air yet?

Thanks-

Val

·
Registered
17,348 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
KUSE-LD (RF 12) filed a license to cover on Friday 7/17. Did a manual channel scan on Friday just because and I thought I had a hint of a signal on 12 where there was none before. Wouldn't lock up here in West Seattle (on the backside) and I haven't looked again today. Has anybody else actually seen them on the air yet?

Thanks-

Val
Nothing showing from my attic antenna on the eastside with clear view of capitol hill. Can't see anything that says where they are broadcasting from.
No interest in their content but always interested in what we can pick up here.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks-

Val

I had the same experience Friday evening near Martha Lake, but enough of a signal (37 on a Roamio) to lock in intermittently and see glimpses of programming. I also had a strong signal (50) for the KIRO repeater K18NI-D (RF 18). Saturday night KUSE-LD fell below 35 with no signal lock and K18NI-D has gone to 0 signal. I hope this is temporary, because reception on K18NI-D has always been better for me than on KIRO-DT.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the same experience Friday evening near Martha Lake, but enough of a signal (37 on a Roamio) to lock in intermittently and see glimpses of programming. I also had a strong signal (50) for the KIRO repeater K18NI-D (RF 18). Saturday night KUSE-LD fell below 35 with no signal lock and K18NI-D has gone to 0 signal. I hope this is temporary, because reception on K18NI-D has always been better for me than on KIRO-DT.
I have my antenna on a rotor (!) and peaked up for 33/34 from Tiger. There is no hint of a signal on 18 so I'm guessing that the translator transmitter may have failed in some manner.

Val

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have my antenna on a rotor (!) and peaked up for 33/34 from Tiger. There is no hint of a signal on 18 so I'm guessing that the translator transmitter may have failed in some manner.

Val

Thank you for confirming my observation about RF 18 and reassuring me that it was them and not me. I checked again this morning and they are back on the air with a strong signal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quick question: any good TV Antenna installer for Seattle and better yet the eastside?
I'm in a bad location for reception, but plan to give it a try again. I highly suspect I want a pro to put some mast pretty high on top of my home, with the right guy wires... or just discourage me from trying at all :)
(hill between me and Seattle transmitters, and small hill between me and Tiger Mountain... theses transmitters.)

A pro who could check on a map, then come and for a set price check if it's even worth it would be great vs. me buying all the gear to then find out it's not worth it.

Thanks.
(likely my first post in over 10 years here...)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Anyone else lost 13.1, seemingly for good? I'm on 4th ave between Denny and Vine st, half way up a 13 story apt building using a window antenna (the window faces Queen Anne Hill). I know that's not exactly ideal but before the only time I lost 13.1 was in the cloudier months halfway through the NFL season. Looks like now I'll have to watch the Seahawks on 22.2 most games. Whats scarry is, anymore when I do an auto scan, it won't even recognize anything to do with 13 at all, not even any of it's sub stations.

This is one of the reasons I look forward to ATSC 3, because they say the reception is much better.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well, turned out losing 13.1 was mostly due to my flat window antenna (FlatWave from Home Depot). I found an Antennas Direct ClearStream 1 Max open box on eBay for nearly 1/3 the full price. It was brand new, just not in original box. It has a 40 mile range and picks up 13.1 with 60% signal strength, which is not bad because there's a big office building across the street from me obstructing line of sight access to FOX's Bremerton transmitter that's 22 mi away.

Now all I have to hope for is that the Seahawks do well! :cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well, turned out losing 13.1 was mostly due to my flat window antenna (FlatWave from Home Depot). I found an Antennas Direct ClearStream 1 Max open box on eBay for nearly 1/3 the full price. It was brand new, just not in original box. It has a 40 mile range and picks up 13.1 with 60% signal strength, which is not bad because there's a big office building across the street from me obstructing line of sight access to FOX's Bremerton transmitter that's 22 mi away.

Now all I have to hope for is that the Seahawks do well! :cool:
Remember- there are two RF signals that will map to 13.1 in Seattle. There's the RF 13 from Gold Mountain in Bremerton which will, of course, map to 13.1 and there's the RF 22 from Capitol Hill (now at 7.5 KW ERP since the repack, down from 15 KW ERP as directed by the FCC) which will also map to 13.1. From that downtown location you could really be getting either one. If you lost 13.1 back in October or so and didn't post until now you were definitely receiving the Capitol Hill one as we reduced power on the RF 22 signal then. If it just happened a few weeks ago I can't be sure. Somewhere in your channel add settings you might be able to go to the manual add function and see what the RF channel is. Not all TV's have this type of feature; I know my LG does.

I'd be surprised if there were NFL football at all this year. They might get a few weeks in until too many players test positive for The Covid.

Val

·
Registered
470 Posts
Remember- there are two RF signals that will map to 13.1 in Seattle. There's the RF 13 from Gold Mountain in Bremerton which will, of course, map to 13.1 and there's the RF 22 from Capitol Hill (now at 7.5 KW ERP since the repack, down from 15 KW ERP as directed by the FCC) which will also map to 13.1. From that downtown location you could really be getting either one. If you lost 13.1 back in October or so and didn't post until now you were definitely receiving the Capitol Hill one as we reduced power on the RF 22 signal then. If it just happened a few weeks ago I can't be sure. Somewhere in your channel add settings you might be able to go to the manual add function and see what the RF channel is. Not all TV's have this type of feature; I know my LG does.
Well I not only lost 13.1 again, my neighbor on the top floor no longer gets it and even 22.2 is weak for him. I get 22.2 fine still, but 13.1 went from mid 50% - 60% down to 20%. I've never picked up 7.5 on a scan, so I doubt that one is possible. Yeah I know there are RF variants, but usually just 480i that looks horrible.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well last night I was able to watch the Seahawks game in stunning 1080 for all but 2 min or so where I had to temporarily switch to 22.2. As far as I could tell what was causing the interference sounded to be high altitude planes I could faintly hear passing by.

The hawks are having a stellar year so far, and despite a lot of talk about supposedly having one of the worst O lines in the league, for the most part, Russ has had plenty time to pick his targets.

Go Hawks, and Russ is on par for MPV!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Anyone else lose all channels 13 (13.1, .2, etc.)? I'm in Fremont, came in today to check for a game and there's nothing there. A re-scan turned up nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
This doesn't help, but I live in Burien (10 miles south of Seattle) and encountered the same problem yesterday and today.

Reactions: Flambe
10581 - 10600 of 10609 Posts