965 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tmdorsey
HD all the way in Atl and it looks fantastic! :D
Like a hot knife through butter! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am watching the game in HD on CBS from Washington DC (WUSA TV); the picture is awesome on a Mits 73". Actually, although I have traditionally been an ACC/Big East Conference fan, I have watched all of the SEC games on CBS this fall because of the spectacular HD picture. Now I look forward to NCAA basketball on HD. Thank you very much CBS/Sears/Samsung!!!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Picture is great -- especially close-ups. Beautiful.

Wide view of the stadium has shimmering and fuzziness. Anybody else notice that?

Sound is "tinny." A little disappointed in the audio.

·
Registered
396 Posts
overall production was great.....hd out of philly kyw was excellent. agree that the distance shot of the entire field usually used for statistic graphics was definately SD, which is fine with me....save the hd cameras for frequently used angles for the game action itself!

kudos to CBS for another great hd college football broadcast. i even think their announcers were some of the best. much better than madden.

looking forward to hd basketball the next two weeks!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Dawgs looked great here- in HD. I'm only dissappointed that we got the short end on the BCS Sugar Bowl matchup with an 8-4 FL St.! I wanted #4 USC, but it didn't work out. Hopefully the Sugar Bowl is in HD for one more party!

·
Registered
703 Posts
There were about 30 folks at my house watching the game and, for most, it was their first exposure to hdtv. I couldn't have been more pleased with this broadcast -- the picture was fabulous. This is the first sportscast I've seen where the picture rivaled that of the winter olympics hockey games.

·
Registered
297 Posts
This was my first experience in HDTV, thank you comcast cable! Nothing short of awesome, even though my projector doesn't do true HDTV. I haven't seen as great an improvement on other material (CBS and ABC prime time); probably has a lot to do with the limitations of my projector, though.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Glad to hear it looked so well!!!

I was at the Georgia Dome watching the Dawgs Dominate so I couldn't see it in HDTV!!!!

I have it on tape and Im going to watch it this week.

Wish I had recordable HD VCR.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.