AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My second Replay 3000 remote seems to have lost its mind. After only 1 year!

Both my initial and a replacement Replay 3000 remote have done the following: After working for a period of time, they just seem to stop working. New batteries, shake'em a lot, no good. Stops running all devices its was programmed for.

So when my second one did this after just one year, I decided to try to re-program for the TV. That worked! So now I have re-programmed for all devices except for--yeah, you guessed it-- the Replay unit. What are the codes?

If I use the procedure outlined in "How to discover a device's code" I get 1023 as the code. But even though the remote seems to accept the sequence:

ReplayTV button

hold down Code Set
1023 (gives two blinks)

I still cannot control the Replay unit. Any ideas on how to get my remote re-programmed to run the Replay unit?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
As I understand it, there were two different replay remote code releases. One model maintained the replay codes in the ROM. No matter what you did you should be able to restore the replay codes (see link below).

The other remote stored replay codes in erasable memory. This remote can permanently dump the replay codes should it completely lose all power, such as pressing buttons with the batteries removed.

The later model will require a visit to The Robman remote site to learn how to reprogram the remote using his software and a jp1 connector or send the remote to someone with a jp1 connector.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/manua...Replay#OEM-977

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.