AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a second Harmony remote, and am trying to set it up to work with my Comcast DCT-6412 DVR. I have an older Harmony Remote that is set up with the DVR as a device, and it automatically has the "advance" button option for use as a 30-second skip. It also has "MyDvr" and "OnDemand" buttons as well.

However, when I created a new account for the logitech software (ugh), I added:

Device: Cable Box

Manufacturer: Comcast (or Motorola)

Model: DCT-6412

in the setup new device area, and the device that comes up shows as Motorola DCT-6412 but it does not have any of those button options available.

Is there a different way I need to set it up to get the "correct" version of the DCT-6412 device, that has those button options?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, so I figured out that if I just typed in "6412" it pulled up a list of models, and one was Comcast DVR-6412" and it did have the full set of buttons. It's weird though - this device shows up in all the button setup menus as a "Cable Box" where the other shows as "PVR".

Did Logitech change the button setups at some point for the PVR version?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I just got a second Harmony 880 myself (for my new "second" HT setup). The new DVR seems to be a Motorola DCT-6416, albeit in a different enclosure. I encountered the same issue with my "new" Harmony not having the "Advance" code, even though it seemed to use the same database entry as the first one (Motorola DCT-6412, since I don't hav e Comcast, and didn't realize it was the higher capacity version at first). My solution was to first use this suggestion to get the Advance feature working on the "factory" remote.

1) Press the “Cable” button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.

2) Press and hold the “Setup” button until the “Cable” button blinks twice.

3) Type in the code 994. The “Cable” button will blink twice

4) Press (do not hold) the “Setup” button

5) Type in the code 00173 (for 30 second Skip)

6) Press whatever button you want to map the skip

Then I used the "learn" function on the Harmony to add the function to it. Interestingly, it automatically assigned the "Advance" name, as if it knew what was coming.

Another solution might be to let the second Harmony learn the code from the first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts