AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions. Due to space limitations, I can't run two Submersives, but do have space for one in what would be the second sub's location.

Am I better off staying with an identical F113 as a second sub, or adding a Submersive to the existing F113 and trying to get them to properly integrate? Can they be seamlessly integrated given the different performance of the two subs?

Room is 20x16 with two openings which can be closed by pocket doors creating a sealed (almost) room. Speakers are Focal Profile 918 Fronts, 908CC Center, and 908SR surrounds which integrate well with my current F113.

The goal is to smooth out the bass within the room, with adding the Submersive's ability to dig deeper than the F113 as a secondary goal dependent on integration requirement.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
As a general rule of thumb, it would probably easier to integrate a second F113 (same sub) rather than the Submersive.

However, I would ask the man himself (Mark Seaton) at for the best answer:
http://www.seaton-sound-forum.com/post?id=3364736

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma /forum/post/18128878

Looking for opinions. Due to space limitations, I can't run two Submersives, but do have space for one in what would be the second sub's location.

Am I better off staying with an identical F113 as a second sub, or adding a Submersive to the existing F113 and trying to get them to properly integrate? Can they be seamlessly integrated given the different performance of the two subs?

Room is 20x16 with two openings which can be closed by pocket doors creating a sealed (almost) room. Speakers are Focal Profile 918 Fronts, 908CC Center, and 908SR surrounds which integrate well with my current F113.

The goal is to smooth out the bass within the room, with adding the Submersive's ability to dig deeper than the F113 as a secondary goal dependent on integration requirement.

i would go with another f113 there is a member that has 2 in his HT KCwolfpck http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...folderid=1600#

PM him he may be able to post some of his ARC graphs

member that have 2 JL F113's

KCWolfPck

KX250F

oddeofile

·
Premium Member
15,567 Posts
If you are using your system primarily for music, get a second JL sub. (Not that the Submersive's SQ is any less than the JL's, just that 2 JL's will be advantageous for evening out the room response.)

If you use the system for HT, I would get the Submersive and sell the JL. The Submersive has much more output and much deeper extension than the JL. The JL will only hold back the Submersive on those bass spectaculars if you try to integrate them together.

I recently replaced a pair of JL F112's with a pair of Submersives. The JL's had *terrific* sound quality, and for music I could not have been happier. For HT, the JL's dropped off like a stone at 20 Hz, and they have limiters which make a distresssing sound if pushed below or beyond their limits. The Submersives retain *all* the SQ for music, but have much deeper extension, much more output and very gentle limiting systems.

Good luck,

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.