AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Also posted in the Sub Forum)

I own B&W 803S mains, a HTM3S Center, and an ASW825 sub, along with B&W ceiling speakers for heights and surrounds. I've considered adding a second sub, but the ASW825 is out of production and, besides, my wife wouldn't let me put another beast of that size on the floor...

My processor is a Marantz AV8801, which has Audyssey MultEQ XT32 that can supposedly calibrate two subs independently.

I understand that, ideally, identical subwoofers are desired, but what would you recommend in my situation?

Thanks.

C.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas  /t/1524105/second-sub-of-different-size-or-brand#post_24523709

(Also posted in the Sub Forum)

I own B&W 803S mains, a HTM3S Center, and an ASW825 sub, along with B&W ceiling speakers for heights and surrounds. I've considered adding a second sub, but the ASW825 is out of production and, besides, my wife wouldn't let me put another beast of that size on the floor...

My processor is a Marantz AV8801, which has Audyssey MultEQ XT32 that can supposedly calibrate two subs independently.

I understand that, ideally, identical subwoofers are desired, but what would you recommend in my situation?

Thanks.

C.

I would recommend selling that sub and buying a new one, from an internet direct brand. Your dollar goes a lot further and you will get much better performance from brands like SVS, HSU, PSA, or Outlaw.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts