AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know if this is a known undocumented feature or a secret feature or a side-effect or randomness....

Basically when I start my Panasonic ES20 dvd Recorder with the PLAY button, it starts playback on the DVD inside if it is playable. This has been discussed before, and perhaps happens with other brands as well.

But I also observed that after that happens, when I put a DVD (unfinalized) in, and close the tray, without pressing PLAY, then it starts playback automatically. That's what I call "secret play-priority mode".

This seems to stop after I power it off or for some other reason? I haven't tested this exhaustively, so it could be a side-effect or randomness. I think this is with unfinalized DVDs, since I rarely put finalized DVDs in the ES20... I forgot if it was DVD-R or -RW or -RAM or a combination... I will try to reproduce it with more details...

After all the ES20 has more oddities/issues than the average Panasonic...

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
As far as I know any DVD player will automatically read and start PLAY as soon as you insert the disc. Of course PLAY may just bring up the main menu, but the disc is "playing" at that point. The only time you should have to hit the PLAY button is after you have hit STOP or PAUSE, or to execute play from the main menu.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith901 /forum/post/0

As far as I know any DVD player will automatically read and start PLAY as soon as you insert the disc. Of course PLAY may just bring up the main menu, but the disc is "playing" at that point. The only time you should have to hit the PLAY button is after you have hit STOP or PAUSE, or to execute play from the main menu.

Oh, I was only referring to DVD Recorders with unfinalized DVDs. Let me edit the OP to make it more clear...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.