AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 50" plasma just got stolen and it wasn't mounted on the wall. So now I'm looking for another TV to replace the stolen one.

My first choice is the 61" samsung led dlp.

Is there any way to bolt the TV down to the TV stand? I know that we can't hang it since its too big.

If not, I'd have to settle for another plasma/lcd and wall mount it with a lock. =/

I'd love to get a bigger screen size for the same amount of money.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
There is a wall mount for DLPs. A search would probably find it, as I don't remember the details. Otherwise, you could probably improvise something to bolt it to the stand. Its just mostly empty cabinet inside. Probaby not great for the warranty though.

I don't think you have to worry about anybody stealing a DLP. That would be like stealing a CRT to a stupid criminal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt criminals would want a DLP vs plasma/lcd but they might mistaken it at first until they pick it up.

the samsung's led dlp's weight is lighter then the previous plasma i had. i just wish i could figure out how to bolt it down without messing up the stand.

thanks for trying though.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
You could bolt some clamps to hold the base of the DLP RPTV to the stand. It'll ruin the stand but keep the TV undamaged. It won't be noticeable if you just use 4 clamps at the 4 corners of the base of the TV: http://www.newport.com/store/genprod...ection=Pricing

·
Registered
143 Posts
I know this doesn't answer your question, but is perimeter security not an option? Assuming you have other valuables, I would opt for deterring a thief from entering the location altogether...

-Thomas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have a security system which didn't deter them long enough to pick the TV up along with other valuable electronic items, and those were the only things taken.

The home is my in-laws and I would like to install camera's with a DVR system but it's their home. They are just ok with the alarm and of course material positions can be replaced. I'd just want to either deter them with bolting the TV down to the stand and they decide they can't take it since it'll take too long.

Thanks for the info on the base clamps, will look into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts