AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had thought I had it all settled in my mind. I was going to hold out and wait for the SED sets. The discussion in Sony SXRD 50" and 60" - Oct/Nov thread has me salivating. Now my mind is unmade up.

Nobody has seen either of these technologies. Would anyone care to engage in a mythicalwise, sizewise, pricewise, qualitywise, or anyotherwise speculative discussion of these technologies?

Burt

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
SXRD has been out for 2 years, in the Qualia 004 and 006 projectors (the latter is an RPTV). There is every reason to believe the new RPTVs are going to be nearly as good -- or in some ways better -- than those stellar systems.

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo
SXRD has been out for 2 years, in the Qualia 004 and 006 projectors (the latter is an RPTV). There is every reason to believe the new RPTVs are going to be nearly as good -- or in some ways better -- than those stellar systems.
I agree. I'm expecting these to be very good units, and great price/performers. It would be pretty surprising to see SED compete with these anytime soon, IMO. An SED of close to the same size would probably be outrageously priced if it came out soon and lived up to general expectations.

--Darin

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
Well Toshiba has said they will price their SED sets at a premium for at least the first couple of years.

Maybe these XBR SXRD sets will force Toshiba to be more competitive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same dilemma as balpers. I too was settled back and waiting for SED to become reasonable. This SONY SXRD stuff sounds good.

I remember reading somewhere the time frame for Toshiba's release of SED. Does anybody have any info on this?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
You will possibly be able to buy a SED in 2007. Any for sale next year are going to be in short supply and with outrageous pricing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.