AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
So is this like "First!" post or something? :) The concept actually sounded cool in Apple's demo today I think.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Apple TV+ is only $4.99 a month and comes with a free 1 year trial with any Apple purchase...good deal but I honestly don't like the family oriented type of programming they are going for...if a show comes along eventually that I like I have no problem giving it a go but as of now I have no interest in signing up

this new 'See' series has some nice production values...Apple looks like they spared no expense bringing this world to life...but I worry about the uplifting message they are trying to convey in all their shows...sounds like something Oprah would do...Disney+ is also going for a more family friendly approach but at least they have some established properties to build off of...in the end I think HBO MAX might be the best in terms of content because they are not worried about being family friendly or PG ratings...I prefer graphic language, nudity, sex, violence etc in my programming

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
So the reviews for this do not look great .. :-/
reviews for all the new Apple+ shows are not all that amazing...I thought For All Mankind might get high marks but even that is getting average reviews...Dickinson is getting the most consistently positive word of mouth...not a good start for Apple TV+

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
reviews for all the new Apple+ shows are not all that amazing...I thought For All Mankind might get high marks but even that is getting average reviews...Dickinson is getting the most consistently positive word of mouth...not a good start for Apple TV+

Agreed. I’m confident in “For All Mankind” though. I’d bet I’m gonna like that a lot. As for the others? Not so sure.

The Morning Show seems like it might end up as a #metoo preachy-type show. “See” looks good, despite these reviews, so I’m still interested. I guess we’ll see..

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hopefully the promise of Asimov's Foundation Trilogy will boost interest.
I am looking forward to this and it would be my reason to subscribe.

Reactions: Don S

·
Registered
344 Posts
Have a new device so will check it out....as it’s free to me.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Have a new device so will check it out....as it’s free to me.
same here...I'm buying an Apple TV 4K for Disney+...any new Apple purchase comes with a free year of Apple TV+ so I'll check out See and For All Mankind...I'm at least hoping for some reference quality 4K/Dolby Vision

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
IMDB faq has someone asking why the costumes are so intricate if everyone is blind?

Boy oh boy, looks like we are in for a ton of hot garbage from these streaming services.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
I needed a new iPad and grabbed up one of the $249 2018 leftovers while I could. Didn't even know about the free ATV+ offer, but bought it 2 days after the offer started, and sure enough the signup became active just a couple of hours ago.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
since Apple TV+ went live a few hours ago, anyone watch any of the new shows?...more importantly, how's the 4K/Dolby Vision quality?...reference?...better then Netflix/Amazon?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts