AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could point me towards a good pair of entry level bookshelf speakers. Earlier in the year I had bought the Pioneer SP-BS41 speakers but one of my friends ended up blowing one of them at a party. I would've just bought another pair but it seems they don't make them anymore.

I have been taking a lot of looks at the BIC Venturi dv62si as they seem to get great reviews and have a very reasonable price point. If anyone could show me anything better than/the same as the Pioneer SP-BS41 speakers I used to have that would be awesome.

My budget is $150 but I would be willing to go a little over

·
Registered
172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzone  /t/1472435/seeking-advice-on-entry-level-bookshelves#post_23307220

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could point me towards a good pair of entry level bookshelf speakers. Earlier in the year I had bought the Pioneer SP-BS41 speakers but one of my friends ended up blowing one of them at a party. I would've just bought another pair but it seems they don't make them anymore.

I have been taking a lot of looks at the BIC Venturi dv62si as they seem to get great reviews and have a very reasonable price point. If anyone could show me anything better than/the same as the Pioneer SP-BS41 speakers I used to have that would be awesome.

My budget is $150 but I would be willing to go a little over
I saw those Pioneers in Walmart last night.

·
Premium Member
7,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd  /t/1472435/seeking-advice-on-entry-level-bookshelves#post_23307298

If you could go up to $220 you might think about the Cambridge Audio S30. Maybe the Infinity Primus 163.

+1 These are winners at this price point. I believe the 163s are $160 on Amazon right now which is only $10 over budget.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
fwiw,just another recommendation boston acoustics a26's $210 accessories4less

·
Registered
3,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by postrokfan  /t/1472435/seeking-advice-on-entry-level-bookshelves#post_23307512

+1 These are winners at this price point. I believe the 163s are $160 on Amazon right now which is only $10 over budget.

+1 the Cambridge Audio S30's for $220.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

·
Registered
11,585 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzone  /t/1472435/seeking-advice-on-entry-level-bookshelves#post_23315637

what do you guys think? The Klipsch B-20s or the Infinity 163s

Everyone may have a different opinion on this, but I would take the Infinity 163's. I am not a fan of the budget Klipsch models. Some of their legacy, or higher end speakers I like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk  /t/1472435/seeking-advice-on-entry-level-bookshelves#post_23315674

Everyone may have a different opinion on this, but I would take the Infinity 163's. I am not a fan of the budget Klipsch models. Some of their legacy, or higher end speakers I like.

So even though the B-20s are on sale, you think the 163s would be worth the extra money?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.