Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Last week, I bought an open box 36xs955 from BB for $1230. Obviously a good deal. I also bought the extended wty for 199.

However, I have read some ppl advice against getting Open boxes and thing is, I do see minor color variations when viewing a light gray colored still pattern. (Between the LB corner and middle I get a yellowish looking patch) No amount of changing the 'Landing' values makes a diff.

So should I just return this, 'cause who knows the kind of "mileage" this set has or should I go with a service call to fix the issue. I am not sure if this issue is indicative of worse things to come.

Getting it new from sonystyle will be 260 more, which does not bother me that much. If I go new, should I get the xtnded wty that they offer?

Suggestions? Opinions? TIA.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1352Ovideo
...So should I just return this, 'cause who knows the kind of "mileage" this set has or should I go with a service call to fix the issue. I am not sure if this issue is indicative of worse things to come.

Getting it new from sonystyle will be 260 more, which does not bother me that much. If I go new, should I get the xtnded wty that they offer?

Suggestions? Opinions? TIA.
I would get it new, at either the Sony site or from a local reseller. Normally, I don't recommend extended warranties, but I did get one with my Sony HD set just for peace of mind.

Good Luck! ;)

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
I completely agree with justsc

get a new TV

the warranty is questionable as to worth it will be worth it

most TVs will either have issues when brand new or when really old

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx! I was leaning that way myself. Now I WILL return it.

BTW, when I was at Sam's I saw the Samsung 47" HC-R4755W CRT projection HDTV. I was curious about PQ opinions around this TV compared to the xs955? Or in general about PQ of CRT projection v/s Direct View. Comments?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1352Ovideo
Thx! I was leaning that way myself. Now I WILL return it.

BTW, when I was at Sam's I saw the Samsung 47" HC-R4755W CRT projection HDTV. I was curious about PQ opinions around this TV compared to the xs955? Or in general about PQ of CRT projection v/s Direct View. Comments?
You might try posting this question in the Rear Projection section of the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.