AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering can all give me good advice on sub-placement in order for me to get the best out of my subs.

Well, here goes...

The issue is this- i somehow noticed that clubs that fly their array subs seems to give me more feeling of "chest kicking punch" / vibrating tables etc when i walk around; then to clubs that have subs placed in on the floor/ground. (Maybe its just me?)

Read alot from internet regarding placement of sub...many say mouth of sub aiming towards the corner of wall, corner loading etc, but ultimetly hv to see the place shape.

As such, would need advice from kind people here regarding spk/sub placement as i just got a floor plan for my new smallish home.

(Was thinking maybe a floorplan would be a best pic regarding shape)

Size are in Meters, the another numbers are X feet X inch.

Original drawing is to my wifes ideas.

*Only guestroom 1 is to do soundproof for blasting music.

Then i thought maybe....

Set-up 1

So if i move my stuffs out to living room, might as well throw some small party when there is a need, thus the purple colour circle (Mini dance area).

*Beside the wall-mounted tv are floorstanding spks.

(I got no idea where to place them except there as new home is small, yet i wan to showcase them
)

Set-up 2

Then, thinking since i may ask the renovation company to hack down one of the wall of guest room 1 to make bigger living room, hence orange colour circle (Mini dance area).

Where will be the best position to place my sub for the above two set up for blasting music? i can't fly the subs as it will be ugly..

Placement of subs is for a 15" & a 18" sub. I want the air to shake at the specific area if possible. (I know i am wrong to get differnt make/model subs> should be upgrading to dual 18" if possible.)

Then errr, where will be a good placement for my mains? (Blasting of songs)

15" active tops.weighing bout 30kgs. most prob i will get bracket to hang them on walls/ceilings.

Thanks a lot for the help and brainstorming.

Best Regards,

Dennis.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Corner placement of subs is the place to start.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i just stack the 15" on the 18" mouth aim towards the corner?

Slowely crawl around..etc...

Is there any specific way to place the sub to let the bass be most intense at the selected area?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop /forum/post/20779642

So i just stack the 15" on the 18" mouth aim towards the corner?

Slowely crawl around..etc...

Is there any specific way to place the sub to let the bass be most intense at the selected area?

I have never faced the sub into the corner, I have the sub(s) facing the room. Yeah, do the crawl for fine tuning placement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/20780699

I have never faced the sub into the corner, I have the sub(s) facing the room. Yeah, do the crawl for fine tuning placement.

Thx, erm..does crawling matters to diff type of subs are used? some say crawl is mainly for HT? i am using more to err DJ / SR sub for home.

Another qus, in disco> am i correct to say their pounding low end is due to pure spl (and their placement by the sound guy).

Cos i am thinking to get either srx728s / wharfedale sh 2800 to be use as tv console. Anyone have clever idea on how to convience the other half to allow me to have the big black box stay at home?

Cos home is smallish, i think even if i say i won in lucky draw (which she will never believe), she will find ways to make me sell it away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.