AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a relative newbie to the DLP world. I've done some reasearch have been looking primarily at the above 2 DLP's. Whichever I choose will wind up as my living room TV for HD/SD/DVD and will be hooked up to my comcast HD box, so image quality is probably the most important criterion. Anyone have an opinion as to which of the above is better?

I know that the previous version of Samsung 63 DLP's used a chip that was apparently inferior to the HD2+ chip used in the Toshiba 46H84, but I don't know as much about the newer 4xx7W's.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15,819 Posts
Some Samsung models use the HD2+ chip, and some don't. Same with many other brands. It has also been posted that Toshiba has one of the worst implementations of the HD2+ chip (PQ is determined by more than just the chip). Therefore, and most importantly, go to several stores and look for yourself, and choose whichever looks best to your eyes. Since so much depends on personal preferences and biases (and believe me, there's a lot of both on the forum), that's the only way to get the best HDTV for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.