AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a CD-RW drive in my HTPC (still saving up for the DVD-R), and a ton of blank discs. I'm trying to archive some of my MyHD files, and can trim them to exactly the size I need with HDTV2MPEG.

What I would like is a burning program that will allow me to burn gigs of data, prompting me for a new CD-R when necessary(instead of me going through the whole process each time). For instance, the project may be 4 gigs of Everybody Loves Raymond, and the program would burn ELR.0001.ts (~640MB) to CD1, then prompt me to put in a new blank disc, burn ELR.0002.ts, etc.

Can anyone suggest something along these lines? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
 http://www.alistairgeorge.com/b4win/b4winlg.jpg

http://www.alistairgeorge.com/b4win/

It'll span CD-R or CD-RW if you format all disks using DirectCD (Roxio) or InCD (Nero). If discs are blanks then it won't span. You can specify the filesize to 680MB (CDR) or 520MB (CDRW) and it'll compress a 4 gig file and break them up into a bunch of files in the specified increments on your harddrive. You then will have to use Nero or Roxio EasyCD creator to burn these files into the CDR or CDRW. The harddrive files can then be deleted. The best part is you can backup your entire harddrive this way, and it's free for non-XP windoze (XP is shareware, $20 fee)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, this looks great! Are the files accessible straight off the CD, or do all the CD's need to be reloaded to the machine?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
It's compressed into zip type files so you have to reload the CDR's onto a harddrive to playback your file. It's not ideal but it'll take less room than not compressing the files at all. Any file-splitting program can actually split your files into designated smaller ones, but this one just make it a little easier. It was designed to backup your harddrive on CDR's using zip compression technology. You always have to reassemble the files into your original, larger file to playback properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.