AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my set booked to be calibrated by Cheezmo a week from this Saturday, and the closer I get the longer each day seems to get. There is only one dealer I know of in my city that has a fully calibrated set on the floor, and it is Pioneer Elite 620, but when i was there last week, after watching 2 of them at friends houses, I am just stunned on how much one can get in excess out of their sets when properly set up.

I never think I see anything wrong, and I always find myself feeling this relaxed feeling that the color and imagery is just so soothing to watch, almost independent of what is being played. I think I could watch something I actually hate, and enjoy the video quality alone, and in just 10 days it will all be mine. Not to mention, I am getting what it appears many think is one of the best in the business to do it. I am so glad I went to the 57 inch so he can start with a great set, and have that much more to work with.

I have noticed some setup functions that are not set as well as the XWX 65 was, but I am not sure if that is more related to just gettting more educated on what to look for, or if they just vary that much out of the box within a given brand? This set has more overscan, and the analog is not quite as tight right out of the box, but the color detail and sharpness on HD, are worlds apart. I will follow up just after Cheezmo finishes and after I have a few days to really access where the biggest differences are noticed, and I am hoping what Mfusick told me long ago comes reality, in that he said that while I thought the 65 mitsu diamond looked allot better then the 65xwx did right out of the box, he was confident that after both were calibrated, the Hitachi looks better. I already think this 57swx looks better then any other set in the CRT market with only the LCOS beating it out, but not badly and obviously in a different world of price, so I am wondering if the SWX calibrated will blow away the LCOS in the store that isn't?

In the end, I will probably always wonder if Cheezmo could have made my problems with teh 65xwx go away with calibration, but since the problems were so many and severe and no regular Hitachi tech could do anything, I just was too chicken to risk the money for a set that I would trade if it didn't work out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.