AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per IGN.com Sega will release 3 new classic on PSN soon : Golden Axe, Streets of rage 2 and Sonic The Hedgehog 2!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/942/942544p1.html

This if from yesterday but I just read it and my girlfriend LOVE Sonic, can't wait to d/ld it so she can play
I had to share for all of you in the same boat.... a game for your GF/Wife to keep on the radar

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Streets of Rage 2 is one of the best genre-defining classics out there. Just a few weks ago I was even looking for mp3s of the soundtrack, which still sounds good today despite the age of the Genesis' sound abilities. The game is an absolute must-buy.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludawg23 /forum/post/15495773

How do these classics work on PSN? Are they in HD quality?

Xbox Live Arcade got these games a year or more ago, so they are likely the same. On XBLA it's not HD but it does look and play very nice. The content will be 4:3 with graphic windows instead of bars.

If you are a fan of these games you are in for a treat!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludawg23 /forum/post/15495773

How do these classics work on PSN? Are they in HD quality?

but the sega classics already are in HD! The Genesis says it right on the console:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnmb /forum/post/15496558

but they sega classics already are in HD! The Genesis says it right on the console:

I miss the Genesis. That was a neat little piece of hardware back in its day.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
I still have my Genesis (ver1) and ver1 SegaCD in the rafters at my parents house. Gonna have to dig it out one of these days.... along with my Colecovision and Amiga 500.

As far as this, are these games going to have separate trophy support? I'm on the fence about the Sega classics compilation game, with trophies likely to push me over

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
im desperatly waiting for Herzog Zwei on PSN and/or LIVE.

thats was the best game

·
Registered
3,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/15495589

Streets of Rage 2 is one of the best genre-defining classics out there. Just a few weks ago I was even looking for mp3s of the soundtrack, which still sounds good today despite the age of the Genesis' sound abilities. The game is an absolute must-buy.

Maybe for nostalgia, but who the hell would pay for this old stuff, take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkI6Iw1xJoM

Pixelated mess. And the gameplay is just... *UGH*

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I want Chakan and Eternal Champions!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper /forum/post/15498893

Maybe for nostalgia, but who the hell would pay for this old stuff, take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkI6Iw1xJoM

Pixelated mess. And the gameplay is just... *UGH*

Obviously whoever made that video was not using the correct RGB cable.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk /forum/post/15499520

Obviously whoever made that video was not using the correct RGB cable.

that and maybe we need to be watching the youtube video on a CRT?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Junk. These games are already so readily available it's unbelievable.

With games like SSF2T:HDRemix, Wipeout HD, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Pixel Junk Monsters, etc -- there is so much more quality HD classic game content out there. When I clicked this thread, I was hoping for some great new downloadable HD games. This is very disappointing.

I'm glad you guys are getting excited over something you can already play with little to no effort, but I can't get excited about this kinda stuff.

Would you guys rather have this, or a really well done new 1080p 2D sonic game? It wouldn't be hard for them to make.

We have the new 3D Sonic failure (what is this, the 6th failing attempt at a 3D sonic game?), and this. I wish they'd put all that effort into a new HD 2D sonic game. I bet even at the $20 price point it would have ended up profiting more than the new 3D game and this rehash combined.

BTW I grew up with all these games, so it's not like I don't appreciate them.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnmb /forum/post/15496558

but the sega classics already are in HD! The Genesis says it right on the console:

Dude, it has a volume knob on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludawg23 /forum/post/15497667

altered beasts!!!

Man, I loved that game!

Brandon

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I already own the actual games. Cool for people that don't though, I guess.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 /forum/post/15499749

Dude, it has a volume knob on it

headphone jack FTW!

...and it's a volume slider not a knob. but I'll let it slide just this once since your name is brandon.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee K /forum/post/15499679

Junk. These games are already so readily available it's unbelievable.

With games like SSF2T:HDRemix, Wipeout HD, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Pixel Junk Monsters, etc -- there is so much more quality HD classic game content out there. When I clicked this thread, I was hoping for some great new downloadable HD games. This is very disappointing.

I'm glad you guys are getting excited over something you can already play with little to no effort, but I can't get excited about this kinda stuff.

Would you guys rather have this, or a really well done new 1080p 2D sonic game? It wouldn't be hard for them to make.

We have the new 3D Sonic failure (what is this, the 6th failing attempt at a 3D sonic game?), and this. I wish they'd put all that effort into a new HD 2D sonic game. I bet even at the $20 price point it would have ended up profiting more than the new 3D game and this rehash combined.

BTW I grew up with all these games, so it's not like I don't appreciate them.

I'm with you on that.

If they (SEGA) had redrawn the entire game from scratch and allowed for 1080p resolution (just like Capcom did with Street Fighter Remix HD), I would probably buy it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts