Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am thinking of buying a new (used) PJ

What do you think is the best PJ Seleco HT-200 or Infocus LP350? same price 2000dollar

(Or should I buy the new Plus Piano for 3500dollar)

//Micke O

·
Registered
103 Posts
IMHO,

If you can get the Seleco for the same price as an Infocus LP350, definitely get the Seleco. The HT-200 is a very nice unit.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I like the Infocus 350 but would probably prefer the Seleco 200.

The 350 is a XGA machine and has good video processing. The Seleco is only SVGA but it has excellent color and contrast. My guess is that overall the Seleco will be the winner.

Interesting choice.

·
Registered
100 Posts
In my opinion, the choice is very easy : the HT200 is the best. This is a very good projector (sealed optics, automatic zoom, lens-shift and a lot better colors then the infocus). I can assure you that a direct comparison makes it clear immediately.

I'm showing in my demo-room the infocus 110 and the HT200 side by side. The infocus can only win on the scaling part. But the 350 doesn't have the faroudja chip build in, I thought. When you look at the colors and sharpness, the HT200 is a clear winner.

Good luck with your choice,

Greetings from Belgium,

Marc Bosmans

HomeCinema Center ( www.adynco.com )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go for the HT-200.

I have owned one for about 1,5 years and still love it.

The colour and contrast is wonderful (and it looks good).

:)

Also, the HT-200 is still very well supported with new software from SIM2.

However, beautiful as it is, you might want to place it in a hushbox (the colour wheel makes a low whine and the fans are a bit noisy).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I may have a HT 250 that I will have to sell in a month or so when I move into a smaller apartment. Let me know if you are interested. Seems like a combination of the high points of both of your options. I have been very happy with the HT250. Private message me if interested.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the response!

But what about the rainbow effect?! I have seen the HT-200 and the Dreamvison 500 for short demo and I have't seen it.(yet) But I'm afraid I will see the "rainbows"if I buy one.

And will the Seleco for give me more value/better picture than the Plus Piano

·
Registered
35 Posts
The only way to know if you are going to see rainbows is to sit in front of the projector and watch. When I first got my HT-200 (which is for sale in the classifieds :) I did see a few every now and then (pretty rarely). I don't see them anymore.

With the projector choices you have mentioned so far the Seleco wins hands down. The color fidelity of the Selecos is unmatched IMO.

-john

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.