AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I recently auditioned this projector at a local store and was very impressed. I am in the process of building a new theater in my basement, and because of the low ceiling, dont have room for a large CRT. Are there any other units that would be considered comparable to this Seleco that I should try to look at? What is Seleco's reputation? Any thoughts on this unit?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have seen this projector and agree that it is very good looking, especially on a GreyHawk screen. One thing to consider - I believe that the Seleco has a longer throw distance than most. That may affect your decision based upon the size of your room.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the input, my room is 18 x 22. I think for a 110 inch screen I need about 20 ft for the Seleco. So I believe that it will fit if it planned carefully. This is only a guess from the sales rep at the store however (and I'm sure he would love the commission on this). Any other projectors that come to mind to compare?

------------------

Sometimes I think we are alone, sometimes I think we are not, either way the thought is staggering...

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
GHawk do yourself a big favor. Email Alan Gouger at AVS and get a quote on this projector. Not only will you get a better deal but you'll also be doing business with someone who can answer all your questions correctly and then some.

Dan Houck

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

Quote:
Are there any other units that would be considered comparable

to this Seleco that I should try to look at? What is Seleco's reputation? Any thoughts on

this unit?
GHawk

At around the Seleco HT-250 price range you should also look at the US built Dwin Transvision which comes with its own outboard scaler.

See: www.dwin.com

I have owned this unit for a while and am very happy with it. Alan here at AVS does do both Dwin and Seleco so I would echo DanHouck's recommendation of talking with Alan.

DavidW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi GHawk,

I'm the proud owner of a Seleco HT250 and I love it, and being I'm a Former CRT owner I was a hard sell. I drove many a salseperson crazy while auditioning the many projectors that are now available in this price range.

First off, 110" from 20' is no problem for this unit; that is just about where I'm at.

The three things that drew me to the HT250 is the long bulb life, the great looking blacks and wonderful color--espec- ially the reds! Just last night one of my friends left in the middle of "Blade" because the blood looked all too convincing and unsetteled her stomach.

Good luck on whatever you decide, and please feel free to e-mail me with any questions about the HT250.

Best Regards,

Tina

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.