AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WITH the recent posts on the MARANTZ 12/SELECO 300HT shoot out,(which favored the MARANTZ)and the very positive review of the MARANTZ in SGHT, how are the SELECO owners feeling about their purchase of the 300 ht?,and after haveing lived with the 300ht for a period of time, are you still pleased with its overall performance?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
HI MRJAZZZ,

Need you ask? If you do a search of the forum you will find almost universal satisfaction with the HT300. Why on earth would these reviews, with all their controversial issues, change that? They create an opportunity for interesting and stimulating debate for sure. But, personally speaking, I'm as thrilled with my HT300 now as when I first bought it.

Regards,

Paul H

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
After I read these two reviews I decided my HT300 was a POS.

I'm considering throwing it in the trash, and going back to my 19" RCA TV.

But seriously, I am still very, very happy with my HT300 it still has the same positive features and attributes that the other HD1 projectors did not have that made me decide to pick it in the first place. Its feature list has not grown shorter, and theirs has not grown longer.

Nothing has changed for me.

-- Cain

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Paul

My meaning of the SGHT measurements 'being on the right track' was that when I have seen these two side by side the Marantz always looked as though it had a better contrast ratio, brightness and better gray-scale.

The actual numbers are pretty meaningless but I will say its noticeable.

Now that's no slur on the HT300 because we are not talking chalk and cheese but it is very noticeable. Of course the Seleco has some more flexibility which is also in its favor. To be honest not much between these two units as they both have faults. Of course none of this matter's to me much, but it was just passing observations as I was going through the very difficult projector buying motions. If I was going with either one of these two it would be a hard choice. Seleco seemed like a much more common name in Europe than I have ever seen here, so the situation may be the Marantz is not as avaliable over all in Europe compared with Seleco. But in the end my full digital solution cost me very little and it is that which would surprise many who thought it would have been an arm and a leg. Still its a little like the Marantz being 1/2 priced in Japan in that its relative to our HT market where FP are expensive.

DavidW

·
Registered
957 Posts
well not owning one yet but having spent 100's of hours here and 10's of hours watching Sharp/marantz/seleco I still feel that the seleco was the most "pleasant" of the three. Does that mean that its "numbers' were the best? I do not know. But numbers do not make the experience. I was at the movies again tonight. It kinda reminded me of the seleco........ I will wait to see the Dwin in a week or so then buy.....

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Hi David,

Not sure which post of Paul's you were replying to there ;)

Paul,

Yep, my HT300 definitely looks like the movies only better since it is in my home!! :)

-- Cain

·
Registered
704 Posts
David,

Don't understand your point, in regards to the question asked by MRJAZZ?

Anyway back to the original thread topic.

The Seleco is very good projector, despite what comparisons have or haven't been made, what software is on what machine or who's contrast ratio is the largest. There are just too many more features I like about the HT300 over any of the other current DLPs and it's had less reported problems that any of the other projectors. It's that simple, for me.

So, the debate rages on, meanwhile let me go enjoy some incredible pictures off my HT300. :D

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi All,

It looks like we have Paul's view of the HT300, much in line with my own and David's who probably prefers a different 'look' to the picture. I can live with different tastes for these projectors. What is much more devisive, in my view, are small differences that are unneccessarily magnified to push one pj over another. Just my two cents,

Best Wishes,

Paul H

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Hi David,

Quote 'Have you seen these projectors side by side?'. The two pj's I'm referring to are of course the HT300 and the Marantz. Sorry I didn't make this clear.

Best Wishes,

Paul H

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0&pagenumber=2
Sorry guys I jumped threads as when I went back to the original, people had got really very nasty and the thread was closed down. Seems like a lot of people get very upset when someone reports bad points about their projector in a review. I guess some people take it all a little too seriously, and some even seem to take it to heart. I know why some forum members react that way as it effect's their livelihood, but the owners should relax just a little as HT is after all not like solving cancer.

As to Paul's question "Yes I have" seen them back to back. But so as not to start a rumble, I would always advise that people go take a look at all the projectors you can and let your eyes be the final judge.

DavidW

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Pointless thread.

Takes off where the closed thread left off.

Closed.

By the way the Seleco is currently simply the best 1 chip dlp without any of the issues the Marantz and Sharp are faced with. It works right out of the box:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.