AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Seleco is planning for anymore upgrades for the HT300 and the plus. Seems Seleco used to come out with upgrades quite a bit, but now with all the new projectors and new technologies, they haven't come out with any new upgrades for the HT300 and the HT300 plus. I hope Seleco doesn't forget their prior customers. Any info would be appreciated.... John

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Hi John

I think most upgrades are spent on improving faults. Those models are in my opinion maxed out and working great.

What new features would you want to see?

By the way the new Link and the Extra use the same software platform & have the same features as the 300 and the plus. Nothing new in the way of software.

It would still be nice to get a surprise once in a while though:)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Alan: I spent three days at CES and saw several projectors. I thought the Yamaha DPX1100 looked very good. I visited the Sim2 suite two or three time and looked at the link. It seemed to me as others have mentioned most of the dlp's I saw were very good. I was disappointed Sim2 did not have a variety of dvds available other than one or two. The room was not dark enough to compare the black level with the Yamaha 1100 which is suppose to have 4000 plus contrast. I you have seen the link and extra before is their blacks and color as good as the Yamaha? I thought the extra did have a very smooth picture. Not sure if I should wait another six months for Sim2 newest projector. Thanks for your help. Greg

·
Registered
704 Posts
Greg,

Both of the Sim single chip projectors shown at CES are vailable now. You don't have to wait six months. Also all of the single chip DLP projectors I saw at the show were eqaul in picture quality, incuding Runco, Sim, Yamaha, and Infocus. None really had a WOW factor, just great pictures.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Quote:
Not sure if I should wait another six months for Sim2 newest projector. Thanks for your help.
If you have something you like, I'd wait until next Fall, when the 1080 projectors hit.

At that time you can buy one of those or a HD2+ at a greatly reduced price. You can buy my HT300Link then and it will be a steal!!

-- Cain

·
Registered
704 Posts
Cain -

Unfortunately the TI reps at CES indicated that there would be no 1080p chips this year, for rear projectors. I asked this question and got the same answer that several other AVS members also reported. This is too bad, we don't have a lot to look forward to at CEDIA.

Stay tuned.........................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.