AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard about this unit or seen a prototype. Ive been told its the same chassis, resolution, etc as the HT200 but a different color wheel. any thoughts? Ive also been told Seleco will come out with native 16:9 DLP next year for CES but I believe that is a different projector all together.

· Registered
352 Posts
Hi,

I am also interested in the HT200, the HT250 is not necessary for my screen size and HDTV doesn't exist in Europe. I love this unit because of its accurate colors.

If it is the same chassis, is a replacement possible? That Seleco will come out with a 1280x720 unit is logical.

Thanks, Walter.

------------------

Graz, hometown of the Terminator...

· Registered
2,969 Posts
Buialat,

We'll see how reliable this rumor is in a few weeks. It is rumored to be unveiled at the New York Hi Fi Show and demonstrated at the Italian trade

mission.

· Registered
707 Posts
This same feature will be shown on the new Davis projector being displayed at the NY show. By utilizing six elements (two of each primary color) the projector should reduce the strobe effect of the color wheel susbstantially.

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard this info from the seleco rep for the mountain region. I talked to him briefly so I didn't get all the info but he said the 200dm is set to ship at the end of may but knowing seleco that means july-august to get any bugs out. but who knows it might just be may. I know my company has 2 of them ordered w/ the Far NR scaler. I was told it isnt as good as crt but dang close.

· Registered
44 Posts
Anybody interested in SIM2 developments might want to check their message board at http://www.sim2.it/message.html . It mentions both a 'widescreen version of the Grand Cinema Series' as well as a 'particular colour wheel [that] will mitigate this unpleasant [rainbow] effect'. Apparently announcements are imminent (like next week!).

Holger

[This message has been edited by Holger Klingspohr (edited 04-29-2001).]

· Registered
1,180 Posts
While it seems this is true, I WOULD BE REALLY PISSED OF NOW, if I had bought a HT200, and they say they won't change the one in mine.

If this is true, I will BUY this DLP...

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) :)

· Registered
44 Posts
Quote:
While it seems this is true, I would be really p**ed off now, if I had bought a HT200
I think it is too early to worry - an announcement does not imply immediate availability. My guess would be summer for the HT200 update and early next year for the 16:9 model.

I am also curious how much the higher frame rate will really reduce the color wheel artifacts, and how many new problems we will see - the Plus Piano specs already mention one: reduced brightness (and therefore contrast) due to increased synchronization losses. Banding might also be a problem (again).

Holger

· Registered
352 Posts
Hallöchen Holger,

I have the same doubts concerning the new high-speed color wheels. All reports from the CES mentioned a decreased contrast ratio of the new 16:9 units, which are also equipped with the new faster color wheels.

Maybe it's the best to go with the actual HT 200, and if the new color wheel works better and possible problems at the beginning are solved, to make a replacement later.

Greetings, Walter

------------------

Graz, hometown of the Terminator...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.