AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know several people saw this projector at the show a couple weeks ago. Is there word on a release date and price?

I believe since my setup will be 80% DVD, that this is the ideal projector.

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
From what I understand, the HT200DM will also have a six-element color wheel (RGBRGB). This would make it 50% less likely to exhibit rainbow for those who are sensitive to it.

·
Premium Member
9,341 Posts
Pete Correct....With that wheel I was not able to see any effect at all. With the addition, you also receive better colors like the reds as mentioned. Better difference in the shads of the colors. It is a 650 Lum machine and produced a great image. It had the black that I had not seen before...very nice indeed. Pair this with the Gray Hawk and it is sure to be a winner.

Oh, less we forget to mention the wife acceptance factor of the size of the unit and also it's choice of colors. (Sorry to the woman reading.)

Please also note, HDTV would have to run at 800x600 because that is the panel max. This is also great for using it with a computer, set at 800x600, to read AVS Forum..LOL. You can either choose to have the panel full active (for like HDTV) or reduce the panel rez and turn off some top and bottom pixel rows. Doing this makes it so it does not have to process that part of panel at all thus reducing overhead.

If you get a chance to see one....I would recommend seeing it.

Alan or Jason would have more info than I on this unit.

------------------

David Bott
It's A World Of Entertainment...Experience It!

AV Science/AVS Forum Admin
http://www.avscience.com
http://www.avsforum.com
The Nate Home Theater

[This message has been edited by David Bott (edited 05-24-2001).]

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
It's truly superb. The most CRT-like image of any straight-out-of-the-box digital projector. It's quieter, too, now, in my opinion. Even the silver and gray color scheme of the outer case is better. And I could see absolutely no rainbow effect no matter how hard I tried. To answer someone's question, there is still light spill above and below the screen, but there are easy, if inelegant, fixes for that if it bothers you.

You will not be disappointed if most of your viewing is DVDs.

·
Premium Member
25,551 Posts
David,

"Please also note, HDTV would have to run at 800x600 because that is the panel max."

Wouldn't you need an anamorphic lens in that case?

Thanks

------------------

Noah

·
Premium Member
9,341 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.