AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a Seleco HT250 with two HDTV tuners. I use a Dishnet 6000 through the 15-pin input and a Panasonic DirecTV tuner through the component inputs (switched with my DVD through my preamp).

When viewing HD material through the component inputs, the right portion fo the picture is just missing, but the picture still fills the 16x9 screen. In particular, when watching CBS, only a portion of the logo is visible in the lower right corner, where is should be 10-15% in from the side. Also, this input leaves about a 2 inch black strip on the left side. The 15-pin input doesn't have this problem. My 480p DVD gets framed perfectly with the 15-pin input.

Currently I only use the DirecTV box for the sports channel, so this isn't critical. I guess a 15-pin switching device would fix this. Is there such a product? Any other suggestions?

Chris

·
Registered
104 Posts
hi chris,

i know this is not relate to your question.

but, could you tell me if you have 16X9 screen, do have to mask the 4X3 image coming from the projector to hide the halo around the screen?

thanks.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed it myself, but I am not sure that matters. An input is an input right? My guess is that this has to do with the scan rates of the input signals, not the physical connection or type of connector. I think the problem input freq is 1280x1080, but I'd have to check for sure. Do you run HDTV signals through your HT250? Chris

·
Registered
104 Posts
chris,

i'm thinking of getting hdtv tuner.

currently, i'm on component and video signal.

i did notice when i hook my faroudja nr up, i had to center the screen and blanking through nr unit.

did you try setting input to rgbs 32 khz?

if this doesn't work i guess you can call seleco tech support, they are really helpful.

i got a question for you.

with most dvd today labeling "enhance anamorphic for 16X9" in 2.35:1 format, when you view these dvd do you have a black bar on top and bottom on your 16x9 screen?

bill.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bill.

Yes a 2.35:1 anamorphic presentation will still have small black bars on a 16x9 screen. Basically 16x9 is 1.77:1. If the width of the screen stays the same, the 1 has to give, thus the black bars.

I have the right input selected. Maybe someone else has some insight.

Chris

·
Registered
322 Posts
The 250 has a the feature of magnification(why, I'll never know)and that could be why your losing the bottom of the logo. We had a customer that ran into the same prob(I assume) that you are encountering. From the setup menu if you go to image then magnification you can adjust it from there. It could also be the positioning adjustment which if I remember right is in the same menu. BTW these adjustments are individual by input. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 16x9 screen. Essentially it is masked. I used pure black fabric to make curtains that totally encompass the 16x9 screen. The little bit of stray light goes away. I don't have masking between 16x9 and the smaller letterboxed formats. I rarely watch 4:3 material on this set either. A true 4:3 screen would be too tall for the room.

Chris

·
Registered
104 Posts
chris,

did you install the projector your self? or have a professional installer?

i do own a ht250 and faroudja nr before i found this forum.

i you ever try to call seleco about the problem you have.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked teh magnification and position, but this didn't help. I see tehre is a software upgrade available. I bet that will fix this problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.