AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my copy and was struck by a couple of things.

First, it was obvious from their description of the sharpness controls that they were reviewing the old software -- not surprisingly one of their knocks was the brightness. I don't understand why Sim2 didn't use the "Manufacturer's Comments" opportunity to respond. This seems like a major marketing error. The projector's plenty bright now, and people should know about that. How many sales did they just lose? Maybe V2.05 wasn't ready by the publication date, but it must have been at least in the works.

Second -- I was surprised at TJN's measurement of the grey scale as shipped -- he said it was substantially off D6500. This makes me wonder about getting an ISF calibration of my unit. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have the service manual?

Tom

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
The HT300 Contrast is 874:1, as measured by a very reliable source. :)

Interesting Tom, I have not seen the SGHT, but I strongly suspected they would be reviewing the older projector, becase of the very long lead times these magazines have.

-- Cain

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It is worth noting that having the HT300 ISF calibrated makes the Sim2 software upgrades problematic unless you can 'save' the calibration parameters. Personally, I'd stick with the Sim2 developments.

Best Wishes,

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Cliff did the calibration by way of the service menu (he knows the entry codes from his friendly association with the tech dept. at S2S USA.

He uses the CA-1 Colorimeter to calibrate IRE from 0 to 100. When he's done he gives you a print out showing the before and after. He got the

K vs IRE pretty flat from 20 to 100. All I know is the picture quality was dramatically better than when I sent the unit down to him.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Pete, what exactly did you see improvement in from Clif's treatment and did your HT300 have the new board and software before it was ISF'd?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Who is this Cliff and how do we get in touch with him? Does he do LCD calibrations?

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.