AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been looking around for a while, and I've decided to go with Onkyo. Now my problem is deciding which model to get.

I've narrowed it down to the 609 ($400), 370 ($530), 709 ($590), or 809 ($700).

I've looked at the different features of all of them, but I'm new to this so I'm having trouble telling how high up the latter I should be going. I plan on using this with either the Aperion Verus Forte line or the Aperion Intimus 5 line.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2590 /forum/post/20817050

Hi all,

I've been looking around for a while, and I've decided to go with Onkyo. Now my problem is deciding which model to get.

I've narrowed it down to the 609 ($400), 370 ($530), 709 ($590), or 809 ($700).

I've looked at the different features of all of them, but I'm new to this so I'm having trouble telling how high up the latter I should be going. I plan on using this with either the Aperion Verus Forte line or the Aperion Intimus 5 line.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Have you looked at Onkyo's higher end brother Integra? the 30.3 would be in your upper end price range. I have the 40.2, the 3 versions came out right after I bought the 2 version. But the only difference I think is the 3D capability.

http://integrahometheater.com/model....s=Receiver&p=s

Jeff

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
Yes all those receivers support 24fps...(which is what I assume you meant from 24p)

In a nutshell the differences between the ones you chose...

609, has the lowest form of Audyssey, if you care.

370/709(brother/sister receivers) add in the much sought after XT32. The 709 adds 12v trigger the 370 does not have and 2nd HDMI out(12v trigger would be nice if you plan a 2nd zone). These also add in a turntable and multi-channel inputs and pre-out.

809 adds a much beefier amp section. It chews on electricity with reckless abandon(which is a good thing)

There are other things as well, but those(to me) are the biggies.

Basically the "real difference" between the 370 and 709 is the 2nd HDMI out and their implementation of a 2nd zone. having the 12v trigger is only worth it if you are going to use it. (there is one other feature the 709 has but it is inconsequential compared to 12v trigger and 2nd HDMI out)

In popular parlance....

HT RC360=NR609-lite

HT RC370=NR709-lite

Lite meaning "missing a feature or two"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.