AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any source for self-adhesive strips of black velvet (or similar material) tape of some sort?

I'm thinking of wrapping some black velevet-like material around some moldings to make a frame for my screen and though some 4"x10' (or more) strips/rolls of a self-adhesive material would be better than flat-black paint or regular black velvet fabric.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That tapes looks like it'd do the trick. I'm almost tempted to just use the tape to create my screen frame and forget about the molding.

·
Registered
695 Posts
A warning... the adhesive on the roll of Duve-Pro I bought is almost worthless. I used it to frame my screen and it keeps falling off. I'm going to have to either add my own glue to the back or sew it to the screen.

-Dylan

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I also used the tape from rosebrand and the glue is pretty poor. What I did was a very thorough cleaning of the metal frame (I used rubbing alcohol), and a good going over with a J roller. I don't have the 1st hint of "lift off" after nearly 3 months.

·
Registered
534 Posts
call Stewart Film Screen from what i understand they can sell the material the use for the screen frames, cannot remember the name. good luck

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
It's called Velux from Stewart, and Pro-Trim from Da-Lite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.