AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mark Levinson 23 amp, 200 watts per, powering magnepan 1.6qr speakers. I just got a cc3, which i want to power seperately rather than through the receiver.

Should I sell the ML 100 lb. beast for the stratos to get a third amp, or just buy a monoblock, say an outlaw m2200?

thanks all.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I have implemented my No. 23 successfully into my HT system using a different amp for the center channel.

Dunno if I will keep it this way, or revert it back to the 2-ch system where it normally resides.

My thoughts are to keep the 23 just because it's a pretty darn good amp - especially if the impedance of your speakers tends toward the low side.

I'd be interested in buying the ML, but I need a new TV before another amp - unless the amp price is too good to pass up.

I'd sure like to try a pair of the 23s bridged mono for 800w @ 8 Ohms / 1600w @ 4 Ohms...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your thoughts. the 1.6 is considered "hard" to drive by many. I dream of owning a pair of 3.6 one day; I'm sure i'll NEED the 23 then. learning toward keeping the ML. Cant beat the bling/ name factor anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.