AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my Sony 400Q details can be found in the sales forum.

Ordered a long throw lens yesterday for the HS-10. Will wait 5 days until my ebay sale ends and then order the HS-10. Cant wait John

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HTCrazy

I have been following every one of your posts since you purchased your HS-10. Still haven't decided where I will buy it yet there are a couple of places I have in mind.

This weekend I will be watching a movie on a 32" TV. Oh my god don't know if I can take it. The bidding is over on ebay on the 26 th .

Well that should make me appreciate the new projector even more.

Thanks for the reply. John

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just in case anyone is interested. For the money this is a great entry level

projector. It does a great job with DVD's and a HTPC [vga to component adapter needed ]. It also does a good job with HDTV [HDTV receiver needed]. Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...020122004&rd=1

Thanks for your time. John

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
John - you'll also love having the DVI and HDCP so that you can watch your DVD's upscaled to 720p in 1:1 pm with some of the new DVI DVD players coming out. Now that I decided on the Bravo, of course its out of stock. But these new players make me very glad I spent the extra few hundred for the HS10. And they said WXGA resolution and HDCP didn't matter...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HTCrazy

I have been following the thread on that player and it is very promising. The quality in image boost is reported by Alan Gouger to be as good as HTPC. That is truly amazing! And for $200 you cant beat it.

The things that keep me interested in my HTPC

HiPix HDTV card like TiVo for HDTV

Theatertek DVD software great features

skip FBI warnings start set, custom aspect ratio [moving 2:35 to top of panel] for masking convince.

Other than that the new stand alone players are coming very close. And it has happened in a very short time! John

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello all

Just wanted to say. I relisted the 400Q for 3 days more on Ebay.

Bid ends Apr-29-03 13:30:00 PDT The price is now down to a very low $650. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...021095729&rd=1

If your in the market and short on cash here is a great deal for you this must go to make room for my soon to be ordered HS-10. John

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Wow - $650 for a WXGA PJ. That should make someone's day.

Its true that HTPC's are still far more versatile. There's a new Zenith player they're talking about that does the usual upconvert, DVI/HDCP thing but also offers OTA HDTV reception. Still not an HTPC, but for those like me that really despise Windows, they're looking pretty darned good.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HTCrazy

Yes it sold today for $675. I used it 3.5 years @ $1.90 per day. Still a bargain in my book. The release of all the new low cost projectors greatly changed the resale for a used projector.

Believe it or not a CRT guy bought it. I hope to order the HS-10 in the next couple of days. Waiting on a new American express card the doubles the warranty and cash back. John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.