AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony SAT-A50 that I want to sell. Mainly because I bought an SAT-T60 to replace it and I'm not using it. My questions are:

1. Should I keep the card or include it with the unit? It is not currently activated. If I sell the card, do I have to un-register it with DirecTV?

2. I've seen comments that the SAT-A50 is desirable (some even claim it is 'rare') because of it's support for Dolby 5.1 and optical output. Are these claims true?

Thanks for the help!

Phil

·
Registered
255 Posts
pigvig,

Your unit still has interst for few individuals.

Reasons.... the old H card in the unit is still sought after by hackers. The sat A50 is/was the top of the line receiver that offers the DD. The sat A50 is a non winked receiver, meaning that hackers can receive local channels from DirecTV in the 800-900 channel range.

You do not have to unregister the access card with DirecTV. If you have cancelled your sub for that receiver then it is already taken care of. They will not give out any personal info.

Hope this helps,

DWhite

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely helps. Thanks. Until I looked on eBay, I had decided to keep the receiver as an extra/backup. However, considering that I can probably recoup my initial investment, I see no reason to keep it!

I think I understand what you mean about non-winked. On my new SAT-T60, the locals don't show up as 990, 991, etc.

The card that I have is an HU card, which I guess still meets the criteria of certain nefarious individuals out there.

Cheers,

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.