AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out DVD Planet and noticed they will buy used DVDs. I saw how you can get quotes on DVDs they will buy but I see nothing about how the process works. I sent an email to user support but received no reply.

Anyone do this before? How does the process work? How is shipping handled?

Thanks for any help ahead of time.

·
23,030 Posts
Sell them here at AVS, although someone here would have to want/buy them. Look in the AVS classifieds forum. Check local places, it will save you a lot of shipping costs.

larry

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The issue is that DeepDiscount is having a buy one get one free sale on A&E titles. I really want the Horatio Hornblower series they have for $48.60. The problem is that they don't have anything else that interests me. So I selected something else for the same price that I saw I could resell used for $24. Thus, bringing my net cost for the Hornblower series down to $24. Not bad for an excellent series with 12 hours of material.

There is another place I have used before that has just slightly lower quotes then DVDPlanet for buying used titles. They also provide free shipping and insurance when 16 or more titles valued at $2 or more are included in the package. However, I'm not sure I currently have 16 titles to sell and I've heard decent things about DVDPlanet. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find out how their process works.

Anyone else that has sold to DVDPlanet before want to shed some light?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I've sold a bunch. You put your movie title into the Quote Machine search engine and a the various versions come up w/ UPC codes (widescreen, full screen, special edition, etc.). Match your version and click on it to add it to the quote list. When you're done, you email the quote machine list to them. They send you an email confirmation and tell you the details. Basically the quote is good for 30 days, the discs must be in excellent condition with no scratches or smudges, and they reserve the right to refuse any disc. Ship them securely and about two weeks later, you get an email notice with your store credit available. Then you can buy whatever on the site and use the credit when checking out. Their prices are higher than Amazon, but they do have a wide variety of discs including HD DVD and Blu-Ray.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZiggyZ /forum/post/12897028

I've sold a bunch. You put your movie title into the Quote Machine search engine and a the various versions come up w/ UPC codes (widescreen, full screen, special edition, etc.). Match your version and click on it to add it to the quote list. When you're done, you email the quote machine list to them. They send you an email confirmation and tell you the details. Basically the quote is good for 30 days, the discs must be in excellent condition with no scratches or smudges, and they reserve the right to refuse any disc. Ship them securely and about two weeks later, you get an email notice with your store credit available. Then you can buy whatever on the site and use the credit when checking out. Their prices are higher than Amazon, but they do have a wide variety of discs including HD DVD and Blu-Ray.

Great...thanks for the info that helped a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts