AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Let me start out by thanking everyone who ends up responding to this thread. I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this stuff.

My current home was pre-wired for 7.1 surround sound. My previous home had a 6.1 setup, which I used quite often until my kids were born. I rarely used it, but intend to use it more often at the new place, but also did not/could not spend a lot of money. I know that floor-standing speakers are the way to go, but for now I'm sticking with the in-ceiling setup.

That said, I have a yamaha rx-675 with 6 yamaha ns-iw480cwh 8" 3 way in ceiling speakers. My subwoofer is from my old house, it's a klipsch ksw-12. My center channel was a bose (I realize know it's not optimal to mix and match speakers), but it's silver and I'm going with an all black setup here. I ordered the polk audio cs2 series 2 but it's HUGE. I am getting used to it but I am heavily leaning towards replacing it with something with less height. I want a wide one, but not one that high.

I have narrowed my choices down to the following: Yamaha NS-C310 and the Polk TL3. My in-ceiling speakers are yamaha, but they are 8ohm and the yamaha center is 6 (polk is 8). Should I go with the yamaha because it's the same brand, or go with the polk audio because it's 8ohm? I'm curious to get your expert opinions on the matter.

THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
472 Posts
In your case it may not matter but you at least stand a better chance of timbre matching with the Yamaha center channel, that's what I would go with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts