AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally I will author to DVD RTV mpegs that contain station logos in the corner (i.e. NBC or CBS, etc.). I've always wondered if there was an effective way to remove the logos on every frame but still preserve the background, or some other means of effectively removing the logo. I know it's a longshot but was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to do this? I do have Womble Mpeg Video Wizard but don't see anything obvious in that tool to deal with this kind of editing. TIA.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I can't give you a full answer but I can hint at an answer.

In photoshop there is a lessor used command called 'difference'.

You can take a picture using a tripod of a guy sitting on a chair then have him walk away without moving anything and take another picture. One has him in it and the other doesnt.

Use 'difference on these two images and you can isolate him from the picture. You can create a perfect mask this way.

If you used a frame before the logo came up and took a difference with a frame after the logo came up you could make a perfect mask of the logo. When you masked it out you would have to use something as the background though. If there is no motion in that area you could use the area before the logo went up. Or you could just fill it with a color similar to the area around it so there is sort of a void in that area the eye is not attracted to(opposed to the logo that atracts the eye).

I havent been keeping up with the higher end video editors, but I'm sure there's one out there that does it.

short version: Don't bother, it's a fruitless conquest

cow

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.