AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved into a new house which has a gorgeous screened in deck. It stays fairly shady because of trees, so I thought why not enjoy some viewing experiences on the deck.

Any thoughts on a unit that would be fairly portable so that I could use it in and out?

Some of the 42 inch units are probably a little too heavy but 37 why do the trick.

I am trying to spend around $1,500.

Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgolfpro
Just moved into a new house which has a gorgeous screened in deck. It stays fairly shady because of trees, so I thought why not enjoy some viewing experiences on the deck.

Any thoughts on a unit that would be fairly portable so that I could use it in and out?

Some of the 42 inch units are probably a little too heavy but 37 why do the trick.

I am trying to spend around $1,500.
The problem with a 37" or 42" plasma isn't the weight - it's too bulky for one person to carry by himself. I can lift 90 lbs, but i can't grab ahold of my plasma because it's just too big to handle. Besides, carrying it from room to room is just inviting a catastrophic bump or sumthin. You could maybe secure it to a rolling cart and wheel it out to the deck which would be better than carrying it.

Have you considered a medium sized LCD TV instead? It would be easier to see in a bright environment and easier to carry around. And you should be able to find one in your price range where you'll have trouble finding a plasma for that little amount of money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.