AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having problems sending or receiving shows today? I've been sending/receiving fine up to now but I left a show transferring last night and awoke this morning to find it had only downloaded partway and I had an 'experiencing network errors' message. Now any show I try to send or receive fails. To my knowledge no changes to my ReplayTV or router have occurred, the correct port is still being forwarded, my internet connection is ok and I can ping and telnet to the ReplayTV ok.

So I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems and it was a network error or whether anyone could point me in the direction of what is going wrong?

Thanks

Joel

My unit is 00055-09167-15109 if anyone would like to try some testing with me

·
Registered
915 Posts
I hadn't heard of it. I'll have QA try and send you a show. I'm assuming you've verified your IP is still the same if you're using DHCP. Can you email me the IP of your router and the port # it's set to. I'll verify that with what we have on our servers. PM it to me. Thanks.

Lyndon

·
Registered
4 Posts
This has happened to me several times while attempting to transfer shows. Usually it eventually works, but it sometimes takes days to do so. My unit is a ReplayTV 4504, behind a static IP firewall with the proper port forwarded at all times, and it has never actually HAD network connection problems -- it just comes up with the message "Experiencing network errors. You may want to check your Internet connection." frequently. At the moment I'm taking it out from behind the firewall and hooking it up to my cable modem directly, to see if that has anything to do with it. The results should be apparent in a moment... nope, same error. So does anybody have any idea what the problem is?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I have had the same exact error a lot lately. I get it 90% of the time now and it is driving me crazy! Then finally someone else sends me a show and it goes through. Very frustrating and I hate to keep bugging several people to eventually get one successful transfer. Oh, I have a 4080.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.