AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(* Not sure where else to post this msg)

Are you enjoying what the networks are putting out, let them know!

Band together! Let our collective voices be heard! Send an email or snail mail to the Networks and let them know how bad we want HD signals, strong clear 1080i recordings, not just upconverts of SD4:3.

I would take it a step further and request 16:9 and Dolby 5.1 -> the way it should be!

:)

Here's a few to get it started:

ABC:

ABC, Inc.

500 S. Buena Vista Street

Burbank, CA 91521-4551

For Prime Time, Day Time & Movies
[email protected] - Audience Relations Department

Sports
[email protected]

CBS

CBS Television Network

51 West 52nd Street

New York, NY 10019

Main Number:

(212) 975-43211

Email - Go to www.cbs.com and click 'feedback' on the very bottom of the main page.

FOX Sports

FOX SPORTS

P.O. BOX 900

BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90213-0900

Automated System

(1,8, Then leave message)

Parent Co - FOX

[email protected]

If you can add more, please do.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good idea, but it does no good if your locals refuse to carry HDTV content, as does my local NBC, CBS, WB, UPN and Fox. Not to mention there is never an evening when my local ABC doesn't screw up their HDTV broadcast. But who am I to complain, at least they are trying, right?

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Fox does not do any HD. All I can write to them is, that until I see HDTV I will not watch any of their programming.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
ABC and CBS have the strongest commitments to HD, 16:9 and Dolby 5.1 of any networks. The only reason I'd have for contacting them is to say "Keep up the good work."

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
If I were to write to ABC, I would have to say to them that I haven't found a single show on their network worth watching in at least 5 years, maybe 10. It's great theat they are doing HD, but they clearly have a different idea of what is 'comedy' than I do. Aside from the occasional movie, I'd remove ABC from my list of favorite programs in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I want to further state how much I appreciate the efforts of ABC and CBS to bring me many hours of HD each week. They are clearly not making any money with this and -- unlike Faux -- are not waiting until the last possible minute to make the investment.

NBC, too, is coming on in this area.

They are fewer than 1 million HD set-tops and integrated sets in use in the U.S. and there are oodles of hours of high definition programming each week, thanks largely to the networks.

So thank you ABC, CBS and NBC, too, for bringing us the future of television -- today!

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.