AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to send the audio from the DVD on my computer (my soundcard is the M-Audio Audiophile USB) to my receiver (Yamaha RXV2400) through a coaxial cable and it"s not working.

1) The sound from the DVD is making it to the soundcard (as I can hear it when plug headphones in the soundcard).

2) I'm using InterVideo WinDVD 5 as my DVD software and, in the audio setup, I have selected "Digital S/PDIF Out To Digital Processor".

3) In Windows, my default sound device is the M-Audio Audiophile USB SPDIF.

4) I"m running my coax cable from the soundcard SPDIF output into the receiver's DVD coaxial input.

If someone sees that I'm forgetting/overlooking something that's preventing this from working, please let me know. THanks!

· Registered
1,056 Posts
Check all the options for your soundcard's control software. Make sure SPDIF is enabled. If it is, go through your reciever's manual and make sure it's set up right. Try a different SPDIF source to help troubleshoot.

· Registered
196 Posts
oolam,

" In Windows,my default sound device is the M-Audio Audiophile USB SPDIF"

How did you check that ?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lifter: Thanks...I'll look into your suggestion.

txmetabaron: in XP: Control Panel/Sounds And Audio Devices/Audio Tab/Sound Playback - Default Device...in the scroll menu, you should find a list of all the active soundcards on your computer...that is where I selected mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.