AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many other people I would like to control the LT150 when using VGA input. I know that people have done this by entering codes throught the serial port using custom program or Girder. My question is this: Can these codes also be sent via infrared using a customizable remote like the Pronto?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not sure I understand what "these codes" are. Yes, you can control the 150 with a Pronto. I control my 150z with a TSU2000. HNick

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
However those codes can only be seen by the LT150 through the serial port.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by HNick
Not sure I understand what "these codes" are. Yes, you can control the 150 with a Pronto. I control my 150z with a TSU2000. HNick
I was referring to the fact that when you use the VGA port (not in component mode) you do not have access to certain menu items like image size (either native or scaled), and zoom mode (normal, cinema, etc). These items are greyed out. You can still access these "commands" by sending the correct code through the serial port. My question involved if the ir port would receive these same codes or just the serial port.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Chele,

OK, now I understand. The manual for my 'z' says,"Aspect Ratio (not available for RGB and PC Card Viewer". I seem to remember this being discussed previously (Huey?). I guess your thought is that if you could send a code directly via the serial port, it might work? I looked through the NEC Serial Code document - I only see discrete codes for the Aspect Ratio menu - not for the specific settings (Normal, Cinema, etc) (which is how it works with my Pronto). Native/scaled is the same - it brings up the menu item - not the actual setting.

However, my z came with an IR receiver device (that has a USB to serial converter connected). So, using this, I suppose you could try it. The IR converter utilities are at RemoteCentral.com. Good luck.

HNick

·
Registered
302 Posts
Chele,

"You can still access these "commands" by sending the correct code through the serial port."

Question: why do you believe this is so? Thanks.

HNick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by HNick
Chele,

"You can still access these "commands" by sending the correct code through the serial port."

Question: why do you believe this is so? Thanks.

HNick
In my case the source that I am sending it, the 150 puts it in 16:9 mode(cinema zoom mode). I have read other posts of others sending codes through the serial port to allow the image to fill the entire 1024x768. I just wanted to know if this was possible with the IR so I wouldn't have to lug a laptop in the room if I wanted to change this setting (and native scaling) back and forth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.