AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've googled, I've read "What gaming headphones would you buy" etc. I have my PS3 connected to my Denon 3808 via HDMI. Everything works great. I then purchased the Sennheiser PC350 headphones. In the systems, Accessory, I've set my output and input to "C USB Device" In that input/output selection screen, I can hear myself talk through the headphones just fine.

But when I play games, I can talk, but can't hear anything - music, commentary, other players etc. I have to disconnect the "headphone" jack from the USB converter (Plantronics Adapter 01) and plug it into my Denon's headphone jack.

The above will work, but I only get stereo output.

Anyone know why my headphones don't work via USB adapter (USB to 3.5mm MIC and 3.5mm Headphone jack)? Is it my USB adapter?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I was googling the wrong thing (Senn PC350/PS3). Looking at the posts I've found with generic "USB headphone/PS3" I guess the system is working as intended. You can only get chat/voice via the USB "output" device.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Correct, that is how I understood the PS3 worked.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooki /forum/post/15487964

Correct, that is how I understood the PS3 worked.

Yup, thanks. I went ahead and ordered the AXPro headset. Since it has a built in Dolby decoder, I'll use the optical connection to the headphone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts