AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any feedback on these headphones?

Rick

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which do you have the Denon or the Rp-21?

Rick

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i have sony mdr-sa5000. But I would pick the denon out of those two. Denon will have better treble, but the equation will have stronger bass.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the bass really low in the Denon? or just lower than the equation?

So in your opinion you think Denon has a better sound overall?

Thanks for the help, so many headphones on the market and unfortunately you can't demo many of them before you buy....

Rick

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
just lower than the equation, but still a strong bass iirc.

I've never heard them myself but its a popular opinion that denons are the best at $100, my friend has them and likes them, another guy bought them off my recommendation on this forum and was also impressed.

Only one area where hd-280 has the advantage is the isolation, it has one of the best isolation of the full-sized headphones (about -30db) ..Of course, earphones (the small ones that go inside the ear) still provide better isolation.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, one more question for you ...This is the first set of cans I've bought since I was a kid..

When I'm ordering these will most places have either a longer cord available or an extension..I think these probably go about 5 ft.I need a little bit longer than that.....

Thanks again for all your help.

Rick

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Most of the headphone listed here won't sound nearly as good w/o a decent headphone amp..

For ease of driving, I would recommend grado or alessandro headphones..

(SR80, M1, SR325, RS1, MPro)

However, be warmed, some ppl find them to be not comfortable while many others have no problem at all..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts